If Black Friday was a song...

January, February, March, April, May
I see you crying but girl I can't stay
I'll be gone 'til November, I'll be gone 'til November
And give a kiss to my mother

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I’ve come to really appreciate the YouTube reviews from Arctic Fox, like the ones he did on UVI Falcon. Always fun and always to the point. 

It is very interesting to see what you all are interested in and what you have prioritized to purchase at this time of the year.
It was a great opportunity to learn about things I didn't know about and very informative.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

It hurts when someone recommends Hyperion and I remember how I ignored it when a guy told me it was available for $22.50 at JRR Shop in June. 🥲

For some reason, Tracktion tends to be particularly cheap at JRR. Perhaps a similar discount sale will come next June. Maybe that would be a good time to take advantage of it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

It hurts when someone recommends Hyperion and I remember how I ignored it when a guy told me it was available for $22.50 at JRR Shop in June. 🥲

If it makes you feel any better, the flip side is: I bought it then but haven’t been able to use it – so kinda regret it. I originally bought it because it has a different sonic pallet to any other synths that I have, but in use I haven’t actually liked it when I tried it in any productions. The patch changing is super slow so is a PITA to audition multiple presets, and recently it somehow lost all presets and I had to reinstall. 

This could be my imagination but now that F.’em is also on sale, checking out the demo, I think I hear a similar plastic-y, kinda unrefined sound there too (especially when compared to FM8 – which has an almost too refined sound at times) – so I’ve been reluctant to bite on that deal

Edited by Bovinator
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bovinator said:

If it makes you feel any better, the flip side is: I bought it then but haven’t been able to use it – so kinda regret it. I originally bought it because it has a different sonic pallet to any other synths that I have, but in use I haven’t actually liked it when I tried it in any productions. The patch changing is super slow so is a PITA to audition multiple presets, and recently it somehow lost all presets and I had to reinstall. 

This could be my imagination but now that F.’em is also on sale, checking out the demo, I think I hear a similar plastic-y, kinda unrefined sound there too (especially when compared to FM8 – which has an almost too refined sound at times) – so I’ve been reluctant to bite on that deal

Thank you. That does make me feel better indeed.

56 minutes ago, satya said:

Are really all sales over 🥺

According to the flood of newsletters I get, we still have a few hours.

IT'S THE FINAL DAY OF OUR BLACK FRIDAY EVENT!

Less Than 24 Hours Left Of Our Black Friday Event

LAST CHANCE Deals End Tomorrow

Final call for Black Friday week and Cyber Monday sales | Last day to save up to 80%

Act fast, Black Friday deals end tomorrow!

Black Friday sale ends tonight - discover hundreds of sounds, now on sale

FINAL HOURS Cyber Monday Sale—55% OFF OR MORE

I'm not stressed at all. Not a little bit.

245.gif

8 hours ago, Craig N said:

If Black Friday was a song...

January, February, March, April, May
I see you crying but girl I can't stay
I'll be gone 'til November, I'll be gone 'til November
And give a kiss to my mother

Because her cc details I remember

Augmented for you

• Haha 4

It seems the trend now is these multiple modulation apps.  Sure they sound great on a youtube video but the challenge comes  trying to create the rest of the music around it.

As for some of these synths I've heard similar sounds created from the never ending patches one can get for Spire.

When you collect so much stuff you may comes across so many duplicates just be different developers.

The interesting thing about that video is it's budget conscious.

• Like 2