UAD Universal Audio Custom 2 Bundle - Pick Any 2 for $99

cclarry

• 1 month later...

Not just native...

It's any 2 plugins. 

And it stacks with discount codes!

GIFT25 is the Holiday code for an additional 25 per cent off! I own a UAD2 Solo card. I'm jumping on this deal. Happy holidays!

Enjoy!

Glenn

• Like 1

The more I listen to Capitol Chambers, the more I think it sounds incredible -- maybe my favorite reverb of all time (based on the demos). Is there any impulse response or other reverb that even comes close to that sound they captured? I'm trying not to spend anymore on this stuff, but that reverb seems like perfection to me.  Someone please talk me down! I own probably two dozen reverbs. 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

The more I listen to Capitol Chambers, the more I think it sounds incredible -- maybe my favorite reverb of all time (based on the demos). Is there any impulse response or other reverb that even comes close to that sound they captured? I'm trying not to spend anymore on this stuff, but that reverb seems like perfection to me.  Someone please talk me down! I own probably two dozen reverbs. 

Can't talk you down, PC, CC is a thing of beauty.

But if you're getting that (and have UAD DSP) you also need the BX-20 Reverb. But what you *really* need is the Electra88 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 2:03 AM, glenesis said:

Not just native...

UAD specials have been rather inconsistent. the initial pass (for me) would only allow selection of native plugins, which at some point changed (for me). lesson learned.

12 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

BX-20

had that on the list (see above) and quite pleased UAD did not offer it (to me) at the time. The Klanghelm TENs is a more than better alternate imho.

great sound at a much better price, lots of useful options and DRM you wish every dev would use. and just awesome on snares...

12 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

But if you're getting that (and have UAD DSP) you also need the BX-20 Reverb. But what you *really* need is the Electra88 🙂

FTR, I gave it a laugh because I should have known better than to ask my fellow plugin and sample addicts to talk me down. Instead you have me checking out additional plugins! But thanks for the suggestions. I do think everything we're discussing sounds excellent to my ears,  but especially Capitol Chambers. I thought Abbey Road Chambers would be the be all, end all for me, but I love CC even more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

That Electra is pretty darn gewd

35 minutes ago, Fleer said:

That Electra is pretty darn gewd

I have a few UAD plugins and it seems everything they put out is at a very high standard. I suppose people who've had their hardware and pros have known this first hand for a long time,  but I've really only experienced their plugins since they didn't require their hardware and have greatly come down in price on sales.  In addition to the Capitol Chambers, I have been considering Sound City. I agree with you and Craig that the Electra88 sounds excellent,  but I have so many Rhodes libraries already, that I think the Sound City reverb is more appealing to me. 

Any opinions on their Sound City reverb  (asking you and anyone else who wants to weigh in)? 

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have a few UAD plugins and it seems everything they put out is at a very high standard. I suppose people who've had their hardware and pros have known this first hand for a long time,  but I've really only experienced their plugins since they didn't require their hardware and have greatly come down in price on sales.  In addition to the Capitol Chambers, I have been considering Sound City. I agree with you and Craig that the Electra88 sounds excellent,  but I have so many Rhodes libraries already, that I think the Sound City reverb is more appealing to me. 

Any opinions on their Sound City reverb  (asking you and anyone else who wants to weigh in)? 

Sound City is excellent! I've not used it a tone as I've been away, but something I hadn't expected was that there are some great presets that bypass the room/reverb entirely. There's a snare preset I routed a SDX kit to on a bus that turned an already great sounding kit into a 'phew' sounding kit. I thought I had enough Rhodes libraries as well, but the Electra very quickly beat out all my others (except for SonicCouture's). I don't regret buying the Hammers & Waves electrics because I really like the Wurli in it, but I think their Rhodes will now only be one I use when I want the synthesis/shaping options that come with it.

Not to be an enabler, but there's a good chance (albeit not guaranteed) you'll get a $25 thank you coupon if you buy the custom 2-pack...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Nope.   🤔   ... But have you considered the "Guitar Bundle" at PB?  That's $8.17 a plugin and it includes the Lexicon 224 as well as the Galaxy Tape Echo. However, it ends any minute now. You could buy that while you're thinking about the others...  😁    (Sadly, no "thank you" gift from UAD though.  🥺 )

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundles/39-Effects-Bundles/11699-Universal-Audio-UAD-Guitar-FX-Bundle