TONEX ODS Legends Signature Collection

Heath Row

Four priceless amps.
One mind-blowing collection.

The ODS Legends Signature Collection for TONEX gives you instant access to 4 priceless Dumble Overdrive Special amplifiers. Found behind many of the world’s best players including Robben Ford, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Larry Carlton, David Lindley, John Mayer and more, the Overdrive Special is sadly no longer made today, easily fetching 6 figures when a rare example goes to auction. As a bonus, we’ve also included 2 legendary overdrive pedals known to pair perfectly with Dumbles to further push your tone in exciting directions.

IK had the exclusive opportunity to capture each of these incredible amps while they passed through world-famous Ocean Way Studios in Nashville, Tennessee, a studio renowned for its superior recording facilities and long history of hosting legendary musicians. All amp and pedal settings were dialed in by tone experts to a variety of sweet spots from clean to overdrive and meticulously captured in between recording sessions.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex-odslegends/#top

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, heath row said:

Yes thank you, bought and installed.

Can you confirm this thing only has 20 tone models across 4 amps (and 2 pedals they included for no particular reason?)

And how does it sound/feel for the clean to edge of break up stuff compared to the Two-Rock stuff I'm sure you have from Amalgam, etc.

41 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Can you confirm this thing only has 20 tone models across 4 amps (and 2 pedals they included for no particular reason?)

And how does it sound/feel for the clean to edge of break up stuff compared to the Two-Rock stuff I'm sure you have from Amalgam, etc.

Yes that seems to be correct.

For me the pedals aren't an issue thus far, but very complimentary and only used on 8 presets/patches/amps what ever you want to call them.

The 100wt Dumble sounds sweet, not that the 50 doesn't. It's hard for me to move on because they just sound so good and it's inspirational, get something started and away you go, awesome. I've been waiting for this since the 3rd party stuff started coming out.

Edited by heath row

13 minutes ago, heath row said:

It will have three tabs Factory, Partners, and Signature.

I only have Partners. Maybe I need to update.

edit: I updated Tonex and I have the additional tabs. Tonex didn't inform me about and update, I had to go to the product manager to see it.

Edited by bluzdog
update

I tried to checkout the 30 minute demo using the pedal as an interface but I was hearing the pedal preset(s) at the same time. I went to Global settings and put it in interface mode and the pedal preset stayed active. The demo timed out. Is there a way to use the Tonex pedal as an interface and only hear the Tonex software?

46 minutes ago, heath row said:

Yes that seems to be correct.

For me the pedals aren't an issue thus far, but very complimentary and only used on 8 presets/patches/amps what ever you want to call them.

The 100wt Dumble sounds sweet, not that the 50 doesn't. It's hard for me to move on because they just sound so good and it's inspirational, get something started and away you go, awesome. I've been waiting for this since the 3rd party stuff started coming out.

Well if used on 8 out of 20 that seems like a complete waste - given how many they are including in the pack.  

I've played real Dumbles before - some of them sound good - others are frankly rubbish and then of course there is the question of how well it is recorded even if it is a good one.  But good to hear you are finding them inspirational.  

May need to try to test tonight if they are part of the trial products.

Sadly I have 2 tonex pedals but was hoping not to need to authorize the 2nd one, to get these models - seems lame they are offering it as free to new people.  The problem is if I authorize the 2nd in my account - it isn't like they give me any extra authorizations.

33 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I've been really happy with the packs I picked up from Tone Junkie

He has some Dumble "clones" that I'm sure he will eventually release.  He has a massive Kemper pack with them (around 100 profiles if I remember correctly), but hasn't done ToneX yet.  

I wonder if this release will impact his timetable on that.

• Like 1

I demo-ed this, and it was painful, as figuring out the IK multiverse often is. Activating the demo in Tonex CS you get a message that you have 30 minutes (lol) to demo the pack, but then, clicking through the individual tone models, they still come with that lovely intermittent hiss (as with demo-ing tone models one doesn't own) 🫠 

The collection itself sounds good, though to my ears, not significantly better than some of the better (free) captures on Tone Net. Speaking of those, another IK riddle: as my OS drive died a sudden and definitive death, I had to reinstall *everything* (which was quite a crash-course into the wildly different activation/deactivation policies that companies employ). Before the tragic passing, I had 17 tone models downloaded in my Tonex CS (in the 20 available 'free' slots). Having reinstalled Tonex CS, I can't find a way to access (identify and re-download) those. The filter seems to only reflect tone models saved/downloaded locally, so if they're not available, they don't show up, even though they're counted against the limit of 20 slots. Any ideas? 🤕

Edited by fitzroy