8DIO bundles (Black Friday Bundles - Big Discounts)

MusicMan

Epic Orchestra And Choir Bundle
$148 Regular price $2,499

Humanity Choirs Bundle
$98 Regular price $998

Studio Orchestral Bundle
$98 Regular price $748

All Century Strings Bundle
$98 Regular price $1,399

All Solo Voices Bundle
$98 Regular price $799

Studio Orchestral Bundle
$98 Regular price $748

(The bundles expires 31st December 2023)

All bundles

https://8dio.com/search?q=bundle&pf_p_filter_by_price=96%3A148

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

• MusicMan changed the title to 8DIO bundles (Black Friday Bundles - Big Discounts)

Not too many care about what it said above despite I agree 100%

The question is for horaders do I go Century Strings or Studio Orchestra.

BTW regarding Waves you probably weren't aware around the turn of the century Waves made it to the end user's **** list.  There were over 30+ pages on Northern Sound Source of people boycotting Waves.  They had to do something.  The other one was Pace/iLok where I was getting expensive free stuff just to use iLok.  They only way to earn forgiverness is to lower price.

Once again and on topic

The question is for horaders do I go Century Strings or Studio Orchestra.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Of course, these pricing reductions are fantastic news for sample buyers, but it also represents change for competitors that have grown accustomed to fat profit margins.  My advice is, that business is a game of strategy. Learn how to get better at business. Learn how to sell more product instead of resorting to bad ethics and attacks to attempt to destroy competitors. 

For me I can see why they might not like it, but I don't think they completely take into account the full picture. I like throwing in some orchestral sounds into other genres and I'm not a composer that works in the orchestral space, so at this stage there is zero chance of me forking out $500+ on a lot of those libraries. By making the pricing more accessible it opens up a new market and new customers that otherwise wouldn't have bought from them. Realistically with Komplete Ultimate, IKM Philharmonik 2 and then some individual libraries that were either free, or heavily discounted, it makes it even harder to justify some of the higher priced libraries, even though for sure they will be better than what I have. Sometimes I like using the orchestral sounds just for fun, not even for a track, so it's more of an indulgence.

These prices from 8DIO and some of the other more discounted libraries make that pure indulgence easier to justify and they get sales they wouldn't have had.

But now I'm really not sure what the best choices would be out of these, as there are a couple of really interesting looking bundles! I tend towards using strings and brass more personally... any recommendations?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

For me I can see why they might not like it, but I don't think they completely take into account the full picture. I like throwing in some orchestral sounds into other genres and I'm not a composer that works in the orchestral space, so at this stage there is zero chance of me forking out $500+ on a lot of those libraries. By making the pricing more accessible it opens up a new market and new customers that otherwise wouldn't have bought from them. Realistically with Komplete Ultimate, IKM Philharmonik 2 and then some individual libraries that were either free, or heavily discounted, it makes it even harder to justify some of the higher priced libraries, even though for sure they will be better than what I have. Sometimes I like using the orchestral sounds just for fun, not even for a track, so it's more of an indulgence.

These prices from 8DIO and some of the other more discounted libraries make that pure indulgence easier to justify and they get sales they wouldn't have had.

But now I'm really not sure what the best choices would be out of these, as there are a couple of really interesting looking bundles! I tend towards using strings and brass more personally... any recommendations?

I mostly do rock and I have Century Strings and Intimate Studio Strings which are in two different bundles and I'm pretty sure that I paid more for them than each of these bundles! For my tastes, Intimate Studio Strings is more of my style as I have no plans for big orchestral pieces. But personally,  I'm interested in the choirs. I've seen the choirs get a lot of praise even on VI-Control! So if people have the guts to praise them there, you know they must be pretty passionate to deal with the high probability the forum owner could be triggered. So personally,  I'm probably going to start going after the choirs next as I think it would be awesome to use in even my rock songs and holiday songs. 

• Thanks 1

BTW the pioneer of lower price sample libraries was Garry Garritan with GPO.   Going back to the old Northern Sound Source days, EastWest was banned from the forums for harrassing Gary over his vision. 

Like how Music Man said there is another market and Komplete often fills that.

I think of 8dio more like Squire than Fender.  There's a lot better out there if you are not a hobbyist.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I mostly do rock and I have Century Strings and Intimate Studio Strings which are in two different bundles and I'm pretty sure that I paid more for them than each of these bundles! For my tastes, Intimate Studio Strings is more of my style as I have no plans for big orchestral pieces. But personally,  I'm interested in the choirs. I've seen the choirs get a lot of praise even on VI-Control! So if people have the guts to praise them there, you know they must be pretty passionate to deal with the high probability the forum owner could be triggered. So personally,  I'm probably going to start going after the choirs next as I think it would be awesome to use in even my rock songs and holiday songs. 

Hmmm.... I might go with the Studio Bundle.  Never hurts to have more woodwinds.  Then again I should sat no since I'll download i, play a few patches, play roulette with my drive space, and forget about it. 

14 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Hmmm.... I might go with the Studio Bundle.  Never hurts to have more woodwinds.  Then again I should sat no since I'll download i, play a few patches, play roulette with my drive space, and forget about it. 

We've PMed a bunch of time but I don't believe I've ever talked about what genre (s) of music you do. What kind of music do you do? 

There's a lot of former rock musicians in this community (me among them) and then EDM seems to be the next largest group. 

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I think all of us forum regulars check that box whether we admit it or not. 

Check!

Can't help myself. I am so well-libraried, I could never purchase another library ever and want for nothing. But where is the fun in that? Holding on to your money is so overrated...

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I got the Century String bundle for $50 since I had two of them. 

Too bad I don't hoard drives to fit these libraries.  Then I would need a board with 10 SATA ports.  I prefer more smaller drives over too many eggs in a basket.

Seriously,  I didn't even think of that. I own Intimate Studio Strings and some of the Century Strings and figured the bundles wouldn't be discounted further to reflect that. Did you get the discount automatically in the cart or did you have to contact customer support? 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:08 PM, PavlovsCat said:

Did you get the discount automatically in the cart or did you have to contact customer support? 

There was no auto-discount in cart. - So I contacted the (very, very fast and helpful) customer support. - And now, my price is reduced to $58. (I also owned 2 parts of the bundle). 😃

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 7:34 AM, MusicMan said:

Do you have Komplete 14? If so, you should have Kontakt Factory Library 2 which includes an entirely new orchestra library made up of selections from Orchestral Tools libraries (the really expensive ones). It surprised A LOT of composers, since it's a 1000x improvement over the old Kontakt library orchestra. There are some absolutely amazing articulations in that set.

Audio Imperia's "Lite" libraries are also on sale for $80. Limited articulations, but Areia Lite (strings) & Nucleus Lite (orchestra) are pretty great for the price. Actually the full Nucleus library is on sale for $225. It covers the entire orchestra. Walkthrough video. The thing about Audio Imperia libraries is that they are great for hybrid styles - like using orchestra in pop or electronic music or rock. They have a very upfront sound, and 2 mixes, Classical (softer, but still quite full), and "Modern" (more full cinematic / trailer / pop music style).  And they are dirt simple to use.

I think I would go the direction of Audio Imperia based on your description of how you use orchestra. A lot of walkthroughs and reviews of their Nucleus, Aeria, Talos, Jeager, etc. libraries that should immediately show their unique tone. Their solo instrument is also quite good for pop music, as the mixes / recordings are quite forward sounding.

If you want an idea of how forward sounding their libraries are -- for example, their spicatto patches -- here's a comparison of spicattos across 40 different libraries. IMO each Audio Imperia selection (Jeager, Aeria, Nucleus) stands out as the best for more hybrid genre use. Many others have that very warm cinematic tone that disappears in non-soundtrack mixes. But some stay that makes the AI stuff sound overly cold / machine like:

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually - scratch my comments about Kontakt Factory Library 2 orchestra. Just spent some time with it. It's not very good and really limited. It's deceiving, because there are a couple spectacular patches (eg. the Cello / string spiccatos are strangely excellent), but it's really just a "hey, here's some basic orchestra patches if you don't already have any".  My recommend would still be Audio Imperia Nucleus, considering the sale price + having strings, brass, winds, choir, percussion + being extremely intuitive / easy to use (meaning less customization) + quality is excellent for $225. And it gives you good crossgrade opportunities for their other products in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Actually - scratch my comments about Kontakt Factory Library 2 orchestra. Just spent some time with it. It's not very good and really limited. It's deceiving, because there are a couple spectacular patches (eg. the Cello / string spiccatos are strangely excellent), but it's really just a "hey, here's some basic orchestra patches if you don't already have any".  My recommend would still be Audio Imperia Nucleus, considering the sale price + having strings, brass, winds, choir, percussion + being extremely intuitive / easy to use (meaning less customization) + quality is excellent for $225. And it gives you good crossgrade opportunities for their other products in the future.

Or Musio 1 on sale for 299$ which includes a ton of stuff from Cinesamples.

5 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Do you have Komplete 14? If so, you should have Kontakt Factory Library 2 which includes an entirely new orchestra library made up of selections from Orchestral Tools libraries (the really expensive ones). It surprised A LOT of composers, since it's a 1000x improvement over the old Kontakt library orchestra. There are some absolutely amazing articulations in that set.

Audio Imperia's "Lite" libraries are also on sale for $80. Limited articulations, but Areia Lite (strings) & Nucleus Lite (orchestra) are pretty great for the price. Actually the full Nucleus library is on sale for $225. It covers the entire orchestra. Walkthrough video. The thing about Audio Imperia libraries is that they are great for hybrid styles - like using orchestra in pop or electronic music or rock. They have a very upfront sound, and 2 mixes, Classical (softer, but still quite full), and "Modern" (more full cinematic / trailer / pop music style).  And they are dirt simple to use.

I think I would go the direction of Audio Imperia based on your description of how you use orchestra. A lot of walkthroughs and reviews of their Nucleus, Aeria, Talos, Jeager, etc. libraries that should immediately show their unique tone. Their solo instrument is also quite good for pop music, as the mixes / recordings are quite forward sounding.

If you want an idea of how forward sounding their libraries are -- for example, their spicatto patches -- here's a comparison of spicattos across 40 different libraries. IMO each Audio Imperia selection (Jeager, Aeria, Nucleus) stands out as the best for more hybrid genre use. Many others have that very warm cinematic tone that disappears in non-soundtrack mixes. But some stay that makes the AI stuff sound overly cold / machine like:

Thanks Carl, that's REALLY helpful!

I do have Komplete 14 Ultimate (thanks to their temporary price glitch) so it includes the Factory Library, but also includes the Pro versions of Session Strings and Session Horns along with a bunch of Symphony Essentials libraries. From what I gather, none of them are top notch, but should be fine for a lot of my stuff, which is why I hadn't jumped at the 8DIO stuff already. Like you said it's probably a case of digging through them and finding the gems in there, as I have stumbled across parts of them that I like. I'm also somewhat considering Musio1 so that's a consideration too.

I really haven't checked out  Audio Imperia, so I'll definitely check them out and the Youtube you shared as well.