Best PLUGINs ever!

whoisp

11 hours ago, Sheens said:

here's my next 4 (why can we only enter 4 per post ?).

AlexHiltonA1, Freeclip, Transient+,ThrillseekerLA 

I was more of saying the best 4 you use, yes you could have your best 10 or 20 but if you only had to use 4 given you can create some of your own plugins with stock. The AlesHiltonA1 you mention, could use EQ and pan with two mono tracks 100% left and right with sending bass track down the middle to expand or limit your width, you can use EQ and Verb to them manipulate the mid side and tops to give the same illusion of width etc. We all have our own preference of mixing, what plugins we use and i think its important to understanding our mix and what we do with plugins that we can also do with stock to the same effect. 

Cakewalk Boost 11 is a peak limiter plug-in that can increase the loudness of your audio tracks without clipping or distorting them which you can control transience, good to control drum ceiling  also good on mix bus. The ThrillseekerLA mkII is a nice little compressor you mention they do a good sat to, nice freeware.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, whoisp said:

I was more of saying the best 4 you use, yes you could have your best 10 or 20 but if you only had to use 4 given you can create some of your own plugins with stock. The AlesHiltonA1 you mention, could use EQ and pan with two mono tracks 100% left and right with sending bass track down the middle to expand or limit your width, you can use EQ and Verb to them manipulate the mid side and tops to give the same illusion of width etc. We all have our own preference of mixing, what plugins we use and i think its important to understanding our mix and what we do with plugins that we can also do with stock to the same effect. 

Cakewalk Boost 11 is a peak limiter plug-in that can increase the loudness of your audio tracks without clipping or distorting them which you can control transience, good to control drum ceiling  also good on mix bus. The ThrillseekerLA mkII is a nice little compressor you mention they do a good sat to, nice freeware.

You need to type slowly and clearly for Sheens.  Adding pictures with breasts helps too.

😆

• Haha 3

My favs:

PA Amek 200 eq - incredible sounding mastering eq

Waves SSL 4000 - an oldie but goldie for nearly every track

Melodyne 5 Standard, imo the best pitch correction tool  aso

D16 Sigmund, imo the best single delay and multi fx plugin, sometimes to much....

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pragi said:

My favs:

PA Amek 200 eq - incredible sounding mastering eq

Waves SSL 4000 - an oldie but goldie for nearly every track

Melodyne 5 Standard, imo the best pitch correction tool  aso

D16 Sigmund, imo the best single delay and multi fx plugin, sometimes to much....

PC76 U-Type Channel Compressor is also solid state like the SSL 4000, what you think the different is just the FET colouring with more options 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoisp said:

PC76 U-Type Channel Compressor is also solid state like the SSL 4000, what you think the different is just the FET colouring with more options 

It's not easy to express this in words. For me, firstly, it's my go to channel strip, which gives me immediate more control and melting in the mids and highs in just one plugin, especially when recording guitars, which I only have with a few other plugins, e.g. UAD-

and that it is resource-saving  and easy to use .

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pragi said:

It's not easy to express this in words. For me, firstly, it's my go to channel strip, which gives me immediate more control and melting in the mids and highs in just one plugin, especially when recording guitars, which I only have with a few other plugins, e.g. UAD-

and that it is resource-saving  and easy to use .

Ive always thought about getting Scheps Omni channel strip for that reasons. Basically 5 modules for preamp color, EQ, de-essing, compression, gating and im could be black friday buy as i think waves are doping a one off purchase for it 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, whoisp said:

Ive always thought about getting Scheps Omni channel strip for that reasons. Basically 5 modules for preamp color, EQ, de-essing, compression, gating and im could be black friday buy as i think waves are doping a one off purchase for it 

Well, the Scheps Omni channel is also a good channel strip    more cpu hungry .

It's the  question  which  sound you prefer.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

I only listed 3 originally, but the major one I forgot about is Melda's Auto Dynamic EQ. I use it a lot as a de-esser.

I've tried a few stand alone de-esser's and all of them seemed to just chop the entire high end off the vocals. With their dynamic EQ you can easily find your trouble spots and have it effect only that range of frequencies. 

Their Auto-Align is incredible too, but I can never seem to find it on sale for a price I'm willing to pay.

I can't believe I forgot that, but it has been years since I turned on my DAW. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pragi said:

Well, the Scheps Omni channel is also a good channel strip    more cpu hungry .

It's the  question  which  sound you prefer.

i think my phone when crazy with auto correct, this is why i don't like automatic plugins lol 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I only listed 3 originally, but the major one I forgot about is Melda's Auto Dynamic EQ. I use it a lot as a de-esser.

I've tried a few stand alone de-esser's and all of them seemed to just chop the entire high end off the vocals. With their dynamic EQ you can easily find your trouble spots and have it effect only that range of frequencies. 

Their Auto-Align is incredible too, but I can never seem to find it on sale for a price I'm willing to pay.

I can't believe I forgot that, but it has been years since I turned on my DAW. 

Yes i do like a good de-esser  ive  heard again Fabfilter  Pro-DS and why something like RX 10 is a nice bag of tricks for de-esser and fret noise etc 

Sometimes i use the free versions of TDR Nova and T-De-Esser. I try to set my mics up so i don't get to much ess and there's a fine line with having lots of air and the essssss 

• Like 1

if best = first call/most used, then;

• CW Gloss EQ
  • CW PC76 U-Type Compressor
  • CW PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor
  • Valhalla Delay

if non DAW specific core project basics, then;

• BFD3
  • Scuffham S-Gear
  • Melda MAutoDynamicEQ
  • NFA Elevate

if non DAW specific fx, then;

• UAD EMT140
  • Fuse Audio VREV-305 / Valhalla Delay
  • Fuse Audio VCS-1 channel strip
  • Metric A|B
  • Like 1

Hello All,

I have UA Pultec Passive EQ Collection I just love using

I got  Melodyne Editor  for Vocals which I have to use on all artist Vox Tracks at some point

I received Manley’s VOXBOX channel strip and it's awesome

I am an advocate for Waves F6 Floating-Band Dynamic EQ

Compression has to go to my Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor

Edited by jesse g