sonible smart:deess released

satya

https://www.sonible.com/smartdeess-teaser

Coming OCT 30

If you've ever worked with vocal or voice recordings, you probably know the struggle with sibilants or plosives that just don’t want to sound the way you want them to. At sonible, we know that pain all to well - so we asked ourselves…

“What happens if you combine AI-powered phoneme detection with high-resolution spectral processing and years of practical mixing experience?”

Well - it turns out that the answer is probably the most natural sounding and intuitive de-esser you’ve ever used.

Have we piqued your curiosity? Stay tuned to learn all about smart:deess and the intro deal we've got for you.

Edited by satya
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

You think they'll be able to lower the loyalty pricing before December?

No, but sometimes they get the same prices as directly from sonible but you can use discount codes.

So far, they’re only listing the intro prices and not the loyalty ones. It was the same for smart:gate, but that one was 49€ loyalty IIRC.

48 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Tried it. Effortless magic. Hopefully JRR or AD will get the crossgrade/loyalty pricing.

Dead serious.  Knowing how savage you are when you don't like something, those two sentences are enough for me to check into this. I need to demo it this week. Thanks.  

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

Tried it. Effortless magic.

It was an easy pass for me until this. Now I need to demo it as well.   Waves Sibilance is still the first one I reach for and I'd like for it to NOT be the one.

Edited by mibby
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

How does it compare to the results of the sibilance remover in Melodyne 5?  That is what I've found is best of bread.  Of course it is also the most expensive option if you only are using it for a De-Esser.

OMG. This is embarrassing. I own Melodyne 5, whatever they call the top of the line (and yes, my voice still sounds like crap in my songs!) and was ready to buy this until I read your post. Apparently, I need to learn Melodyne 5 better and save some money. Thanks, Brian. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

How does it compare to the results of the sibilance remover in Melodyne 5?  That is what I've found is best of bread.  Of course it is also the most expensive option if you only are using it for a De-Esser.

I have Melodyne 5 Studio, I didn't realize they have that function?

Since I have

Melodyne 5 Studio
UAD Precision DeEsser
Lindell 902 DeEsser
Izotope RX DeEsser
SPL DeEsser
SSL DeESS
Waves DeEsser
Weiss Deess
Eiosis DeEsser
FabFilter Deess
Sonible smartdees

I'm _urpri_ed my _ key _till work_

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

OMG. This is embarrassing. I own Melodyne 5, whatever they call the top of the line (and yes, my voice still sounds like crap in my songs!) and was ready to buy this until I read your thread. Apparently, I need to learn Melodyne 5 better and save some money. Thanks, Brian. 

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I have Melodyne 5 Studio, I didn't realize they have that function?

Watch all - but the fun stuff is around the 5:00 mark for how it can work across the entire track quickly.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

34 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

OMG. This is embarrassing. I own Melodyne 5, whatever they call the top of the line (and yes, my voice still sounds like crap in my songs!) and was ready to buy this until I read your thread. Apparently, I need to learn Melodyne 5 better and save some money. Thanks, Brian. 

Do you have a YouTube channel?

• satya changed the title to sonible smart:deess released