GForce Imposcar 2 free with upcoming issue of Computer Music Magazine

audioschmaudio

• audioschmaudio changed the title to GForce Imposcar 2 free with upcoming issue of Computer Music Magazine
1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Press reader is still on the oct issue going to need a reminder again on this one!

Are you sure that it's the October issue? Because the one that came out at beginning of October is actually the November issue. CM327 is the one that has Baby Audio's Beat Slammer as a freebie and on the front page it says "Create Club-Shaking Techno". 

The December issue should be available on the first of November.

• Like 1

What's the cheapest way to get this?

PocketMags offers a monthly digital subscription for €3,49 (billed monthly) and that somehow makes it €3.22 per issue. Or I could get an annual subscription for €33.99 (€2.61 per issue), which might be okay if there are other good freebies to be had.

Are these software freebies usually some kind of lite versions or the real deal? I remember there being some kind of CM versions of some synths floating around at some point.

8 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

PocketMags offers a monthly digital subscription for €3,49 (billed monthly) and that somehow makes it €3.22 per issue. Or I could get an annual subscription for €33.99 (€2.61 per issue), which might be okay if there are other good freebies to be had.

Are these software freebies usually some kind of lite versions or the real deal? I remember there being some kind of CM versions of some synths floating around at some point.

You should check your local public library. They often have a magazine app included, and it's free or very cheap. 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

29 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

The cheapest way that I found was Readly. If you're new to Readly they offer you a cheap trial, or even a free one. It depends on where you live. In Great Britain, for example, you get two months for free: https://gb.readly.com/accounts/sign_up?a=create

I'm in Germany and got two months for 1.99€.

Yes, the freebies are usually limited versions, often specially made for CM. ImpOSCar will be the full version though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Yes, the freebies are usually limited versions, often specially made for CM. ImpOSCar will be the full version though.

Full version but only VST2... This is likely a giveaway as a teaser for the no doubt very soon to be released new / VST3 version.

Great sounding freebie though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

You should check your local public library. They often have a magazine app included, and it's free or very cheap. 

Thanks, that seems to work. My library uses PressReader and I can access the magazine there. Feels like cheating, though. :) 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Are you sure that it's the October issue? Because the one that came out at beginning of October is actually the November issue. CM327 is the one that has Baby Audio's Beat Slammer as a freebie and on the front page it says "Create Club-Shaking Techno". 

The December issue should be available on the first of November.

PressReader listed the date as Oct, I didn't do the research to dig deeper.  Yes it has Slammer as the give away from what I saw.

From Wikipedia (green text colouring added by me to highlight the relevant text):

In the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, the standard practice is to display on magazine covers a date which is some weeks or months in the future from the publishing or release date. There are two reasons for this discrepancy: first, to allow magazines to continue appearing "current" to consumers even after they have been on sale for some time (since not all magazines will be sold immediately), and second, to inform newsstands when an unsold magazine can be removed from the stands and returned to the publisher or be destroyed (in this case, the cover date is also the pull date).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_date

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Full version but only VST2... This is likely a giveaway as a teaser for the no doubt very soon to be released new / VST3 version.

Sonically there is no difference nor advantage to be had between the VST2 / VST3  formats they would sound identical.

Assuming you are not using a legacy DAW  and something up to date the only format that would make  a difference  is  CLAP  which offers voice spread functions etc etc.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S Wats said:

Sonically there is no difference nor advantage to be had between the VST2 / VST3  formats they would sound identical.

Assuming you are not using a legacy DAW  and something up to date the only format that would make  a difference  is  CLAP  which offers voice spread functions etc etc.

Well VST2 is set to no longer be supported by the company that developed the format so others could follow.  It does have some other advantages such as the ability to not waste cpu when. Signal isn't passing through it.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, S Wats said:

Yes, no different sonically, it's just that Cubase users on Mac already can't use VST2 any more with the latest version I believe and Steinberg is dropping support potentially in Cubase 13 for PC which is just to be released, although hopefully it won't be until 14 next year. Many other DAWs will follow for sure.

That means for anyone that uses the plugin in projects now, the VST2 version will no longer open if someone upgrades  their DAW. That's why I never would've bought this plugin, but as a freebie it's great and I'm likely to pay for the upgrade to the new version when it's released.

(After the Audient freebie and now this giveaway, my hunch is its imminent and at Black Friday at the latest)

• Like 3