Eventide launches Blackhole and MicroPitch Immersive plugins

satya

https://www.eventideaudio.com/plug-ins/#immersive

Blackhole Immersive expands the signature sound of the stereo version of Eventide’s otherworldly reverb across an entire immersive mix. Eventide’s iconic MicroPitch panned pitch and delay effect is relied upon by legions of engineers for the creation of beautiful and wide stereo soundfields. Now, with MicroPitch Immersive, the proven power of strategically decorrelated sound is pushed into three dimensions.

With both plugins, the Front, Top and Rear speakers can be EQ’d separately, and users can smoothly morph between two distinct settings – ideal for sound design.

Both plugins are available for immediate download at an MSRP of $499 USD each, or bundled at $200 USD off. Owners of the stereo versions save 20% of their purchase.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

So they add Dolby Atmos support and suddenly it's a new plugin?

I anticipate that we're going to see a lot of developers doing this i.e. adding Dolby Atmos support to their plugins and charging premium rates for that upgrade because so many of them have run out of ideas on creating anything really new/unique for the market.

Edited by TheSteven

Initially I read the price as $49.99.

These single-function plugins costs as much as most DAWs.  Wow!  They must truly be game-changing, revolutionary, ground-breaking, monumental *and* earth-shattering.

Edited by locrian
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

I anticipate that we're going to see a lot of developers doing this i.e. adding Dolby Atmos support to their plugins and charging premium rates for that upgrade because so many of them have run out of ideas on creating anything really new/unique for the market.

I think they have to pay a fee to Dolby to use the name.  Having Dolby on something might have meant something in the last century but not anymore.

10 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I think they have to pay a fee to Dolby to use the name.  Having Dolby on something might have meant something in the last century but not anymore.

The audio industry is trying so hard to make Dolby Atmos relevant so that it can inject new revenue into market (what can we come up with that will make the consumer replace their hardware and force them to once again repurchase their entire music library?).  How many of us (and I don't view us as the average music consumers) have audio systems that can even play Dobly Atmos encoded audio?

Edited by TheSteven
I kant spel