The Last Farewell

garybrun

1 minute ago, Michael Richards said:

What a BEAUTIFUL voice. I must have been absent when they handed out great voices. Also, nice recording. Very full.

Michael

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.
I notice a few things I need to fix later..

Gary

I've been taking a break from posting on these forums recently (but dipping in occasionally),  a song from you was always going to tempt me back.

I was always impressed with Roger's work (beautifully understated). This is fabulous, and a first class tribute.

Well done.

Andy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

Gary

I've been taking a break from posting on these forums recently (but dipping in occasionally),  a song from you was always going to tempt me back.

I was always impressed with Roger's work (beautifully understated). This is fabulous, and a first class tribute.

Well done.

Andy

HI Andy.
Great to hear from you again.
I also am busy and don't check into the "Song" forum as much as I would like too.
When I do I take time to listen to quite a few tracks  (dont think it fair just putting my own stuff up for comments)
Also Im working on a few projects for other members and took a break and added one of my own.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and too comment.
I used to live with my grandparents when I was young and they would listen to Roger quite a lot.
He was a great artist R.I.P.

I haven't heard this song in a long time and it's so nice to hear it again.
Really well done, Gary. I like the extra touches, like the drum beats in the wicked war part.

I always wondered why the guy would leave a tropical island and go back to dreary England, especially during a war, but there it is.
-Bjorn

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I haven't heard this song in a long time and it's so nice to hear it again.
Really well done, Gary. I like the extra touches, like the drum beats in the wicked war part.

I always wondered why the guy would leave a tropical island and go back to dreary England, especially during a war, but there it is.
-Bjorn

Thanks for listening Bjørn and commenting.

6 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Gary

Well now this took me back - my Dad used to love Roger Whitaker - and who would ever think we would get a Roger Whitaker cover on this forum!!

Beautifully sung, played and arranged

Really first class

Nigel

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment.
Its a little bit of a challenge trying to recreate and cover some of the old songs that hold so many peoples memories of their relatives.
The reverb was very different years ago  (this how I remember it.
Music is very dry today....  I'm still influenced a lot by my sound from those days.
I'm 60 in February and this reminds me of my Grandparents.  🙂

Edited by garybrun

Never heard the original, listened to yours first, then Roger's version, then yours again. Naturally, Roger's has all the seventies easy listening production bells and whistles and does the song justice. imho, I think your version is the superior one. Your arrangement is basically the same but your quality of instrumentation, recording, mixing and vocal work hits home to me more than Roger's version. Great work🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Never heard the original, listened to yours first, then Roger's version, then yours again. Naturally, Roger's has all the seventies easy listening production bells and whistles and does the song justice. imho, I think your version is the superior one. Your arrangement is basically the same but your quality of instrumentation, recording, mixing and vocal work hits home to me more than Roger's version. Great work🎶🎶🎶🎶

WOW!!
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment Larry.
If I am honest, my horns are not that good and should have a more live sound.
You can tell they are computer generated.

What I find amazing is the things that are available t o us these days for people who own home studios.
Imagine how much it cost for Roger to make his song in the studio.

Once again thank you for the feedback

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Don't know how I missed seeing this one !  Great job Gary , I've missed hearing your thick silky vocals. Very nice mix on this one as well.  Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks Mark for taking the time to listen and comment.

• Like 1