Ardour 8.0 free released

satya

From the link:

Ardour 8.0 has been released today as a major update to this powerful, free, open-source, and cross-platform DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) for GNU/Linux, macOS, and Windows systems.

And a "Ready to Run" download.

Edited by Barrie

58 minutes ago, Barrie said:

From the link:

Ardour 8.0 has been released today as a major update to this powerful, free, open-source, and cross-platform DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) for GNU/Linux, macOS, and Windows systems.

And a "Ready to Run" download.

Where do you read that? The only free ready to run download I can find is for Linux. There is a free/demo version available, but it goes silent after 10 minutes so that does not count.

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Where do you read that? The only free ready to run download I can find is for Linux. There is a free/demo version available, but it goes silent after 10 minutes so that does not count.

This is why I avoid many Linux developers.   They don't even make that easy.   Sure the Linux fanboys will disagree but for some it's a waste of time.  Cakewalk is free and it rocks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

LOL.  Let me reiterate.   

Cakewalk is free and still  rocks.

No such word as rocksed.

"is free": You are right, at the moment it still is, but it seems this will change soon (in some months)! I only wanted to hint this!

"rocksed": Maybe you need better glasses! 😄 I have struck out the 's' and added the "ed"!