Your oldie plugins which now free or hard to find

satya

6 minutes ago, kinen_papico said:

Meta bought only the technology and threw out all the plugins...

Meta as in Mark Zuckerberg?

Answered my own question.

Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has acquired Greek audio plugin developer Accusonus. According to sources, the deal is valued at anywhere between €70 and €100 million.

Edited by User 905133

4 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

Still using the ERA bundle often for noise removal among some other things. Still curious what meta is cooking buying out a (seemingly small) plugin company for that much

I don't understand either. In their goodbye statement, they mentioned something about democratising music; I fail to see how audio plugin technology would contribute towards that goal. Maybe it's something to do with Meta's VR world (I forget it's name).

• Great Idea 1

On 10/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, antler said:

I don't understand either. In their goodbye statement, they mentioned something about democratising music; I fail to see how audio plugin technology would contribute towards that goal. Maybe it's something to do with Meta's VR world (I forget it's name).

Yes, the path to democratizing music always starts with cashing out for €100 million to Zuckerberg's company. Rrrrriggghhtt. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 1

TC Native Reverb Plus - came with the TC Native Bundle.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=HE120

Basically impossible to find now - was circa 2002 / 2003, only 32-bit if you can find an installer, but listening back to very old tracks from that era, I really liked that reverb. It had a tone that just isn't available in the subsequent TC plugins (tried them all). 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

TC Native Reverb Plus - came with the TC Native Bundle.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=HE120

Basically impossible to find now - was circa 2002 / 2003, only 32-bit if you can find an installer, but listening back to very old tracks from that era, I really liked that reverb. It had a tone that just isn't available in the subsequent TC plugins (tried them all). 

The TC Native bundle - what a great bundle, the reverb, filtrator, and the compressor, with side-chain plugin, were excellent.

I ended up going down the TC Powercore route although that ended up being a dead end!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ashley_k said:

I ended up going down the TC Powercore route although that ended up being a dead end!

Did exactly the same thing. That card was bigger than my current Nvidia GPU.  It was enormous! Example:

thjiojfajorpsxoddtnp.jpg

Remember having to move HDD drive bays to get it to fit lol. Luckily sold it before it lost all value. That photo is from a Reverb listing where it sold for $69! 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1