IK Krazy Deals!

cclarry

I own MTron Pro, UVI Mello, Sonic Reality's Mellotron KONTAKT library (which I think are the same libraries used for the Mellotron from Dave Kerzner's Mellotron, Chamberlain, etc.) and a bunch of other Tron sample libraries. I owned the first SampleTron and loved it but now that I have MTron Pro and all the other stuff, I thought this would just be duplicating what I already own. Then again, this is pretty cheap and there seems to be some additional string libraries in it.

Can anyone either talk me down or help push me over the edge to get this?  There are a couple of types of sample libraries and plugins that I am a sucker for -- pianos, guitars, Wurlies, acoustic drums, cellos, celestes, glockenspiels and Tron libraries and plugins. 

Also, do our JAM POINTS -- or whatever they're called -- work on these deals? I have a few hundred sitting around and I suppose I can feel like I got a super deal with this sale and the jam points combined. 

1 hour ago, audioschmaudio said:

I hope they offer a nice upgrade to Total Studio Max 4 on Black Friday 

I wouldn't say $99, but I would be happy with $149 or so. But I'll probably get confused by the many sales and jump to something else, lol.

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Also, do our JAM POINTS -- or whatever they're called -- work on these deals? I have a few hundred sitting around and I suppose I can feel like I got a super deal with this sale and the jam points combined. 

Yes JamPoints can be used to take off an additional up to 30% off these prices.

10 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

Interesting; they probably have given up on their MAXgrade pricing strategy if they're selling so cheaply.

We still have MAXgrade pricing for Total Studio 4 MAX and don't plan on removing that at this time, I can't guarantee forever but I see nothing on the horizon to change that.

3 hours ago, Kiloteq said:

I wouldn't say $99, but I would be happy with $149 or so. But I'll probably get confused by the many sales and jump to something else, lol.

Looking at what's on the plate for the rest of this year I don't see much confusion in the promotions.

• Thanks 1

Also, the best way to get the most out of this and tee up for Total Studio 4 MAX down the road would be to get SampleTank 4 MAX v2 in this deal because it contains all the other VIs that are in this promo anyway so for 69.99 you get the Pokemon catch em all for a much better price.  And yes, you would then still qualify for MAXgrade pricing on Total Studio 4 MAX.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I’ve never bought any of these before so I’m a bit confused, when I look at SampleTank Max on the promo and look under “What's inside SampleTank 4 MAX v2”, it lists  Miraslov Philarmonik 2, Sampletron 2 and what looks like most of the Syntronik?? Is that right? So I only need to buy SampleTank then?

Edited by tom

14 minutes ago, tom said:

I’ve never bought any of these before so I’m a bit confused, when I look at SampleTank Max on the promo and look under “What's inside SampleTank 4 MAX v2”, it lists  Miraslov Philarmonik 2, Sampletron 2 and what looks like most of the Syntronik?? Is that right? So I only need to buy SampleTank then?

Yes, added emphasis to this post from above:

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Also, the best way to get the most out of this and tee up for Total Studio 4 MAX down the road would be to get SampleTank 4 MAX v2 in this deal because it contains all the other VIs that are in this promo anyway so for 69.99 you get the Pokemon catch em all for a much better price.  And yes, you would then still qualify for MAXgrade pricing on Total Studio 4 MAX.

40 minutes ago, tom said:

As for confusion, you are not alone.  I have been purchasing IK products for 3 years and still get confused by all their marketing twists and turns. To help sort them out, I usually look at specific webpages and check out any Compare/Versions tables that might be there.  Last year, I also made a tracking spreadsheet to help sort out what I have and don't have. IK's history is to offer bundles that invariably include products consumers already have. JMO: This is part of why some longtime IK consumers have felt their pricing often favors new customers.  For example, ST4 MAX V2 includes 76 products I already have licences for, but for the same purchase price, you will get 88 products.

One advantage of maintaining a spreadsheet was that I was able to see that with what I already have, ST4 MAX V2 would give me 12 new libraries which comes out to $5.83 each or $4.08 each if I use $21 in Jam Points.

For you the per item is much lower!!!! If you get it, I would recommend starting with a spreadsheet sooner rather than later!  When new bundles come out which will include IK products you own it should be less confusing.  

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Other than the dobro resonator, what other acoustic instruments does one get, when upgrading from Sample Tank 4 MAX v1 to v2?

There is a list.  I saw it back in April IIRC.  I think it was in one of the Compare/Versions tables.  Let me see if I can find it.

UPDATE: Sorry. The document I was thinking of just lists the new libraries. It lists all of the instruments included, but not a comparison of v2 with v1.  

ALSO: It looks like Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is new to Sample Tank 4 MAX v2.  If so, that should add a bunch of acoustic instrument.  But to be honest, all of the variant bundles IK has confuses me, so if Peter doesn't chime in, you might want to ask IK Support,

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

There is a list.  I saw it back in April IIRC.  I think it was in one of the Compare/Versions tables.  Let me see if I can find it.

UPDATE: Sorry. The document I was thinking of just lists the new libraries. It lists all of the instruments included, but not a comparison of v2 with v1.  

ALSO: It looks like Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is new to Sample Tank 4 MAX v2.  If so, that should add a bunch of acoustic instrument.  But to be honest, all of the variant bundles IK has confuses me, so if Peter doesn't chime in, you might want to ask IK Support,

It lists what is specifically new in v2.  From that document:

New in SampleTank 4 MAX v2:

64 SampleTank 4 libraries and SampleTank-powered virtual
instruments.

361 GB of new sound content.

Alternate Keys
Beat Machines
Bionic Drums
Cinekinetik – Fractured Piano
Cinekinetik – Malletopia
Cinekinetik – Malletension
Cinekinetik – Shipwreck Piano