In Time

Ross Smithe

Here's a new tune I finished up recently. Finally broke down and invested in Omnisphere a couple months ago, so this was kind of a maiden voyage through those deep waters! I started and ended with a clock ticking sound to set the rhythm and also the theme of the song, and at the same time JohnnyV was doing his own "clock ticking" song. Haha, great minds think alike! ;)

Edited by Ross Smithe
  • Like 3

Overall really, really nice. The intro is pretty much state of the art sound wise. I think the entrance of the drums at 1:33 could use a wider/stereo drum mix to really open it up and get the listeners attention. The vox is good, the lyrics from Ecclesiastes 3 are universal truths🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Overall really, really nice. The intro is pretty much state of the art sound wise. I think the entrance of the drums at 1:33 could use a wider/stereo drum mix to really open it up and get the listeners attention. The vox is good, the lyrics from Ecclesiastes 3 are universal truths🎶🎶🎶🎶

Hey Larry, thanks man, I appreciate the listen and the feedback! Yeah, I actually have thought about that very thing, I actually remixed it recently and tried to pump that section up a little bit.  It's a bit of a dilemma, because when I turn it up too much, it the thumping seems to distort.  I added some compression, and it seemed to help, maybe I'll revisit it again and try spreading it out a bit like you said...

8 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Ross, I love the layered development of the music over time. The vocal tracks really add to the wonderful sound as well. Good stuff!
Big Omnisphere fan here as well.

-Bjorn

Hey Bjorn, thanks so much for the listen and for the feedback! Appreciate your ears! Yeah, Omnisphere is so cool, kind of like an endless ocean of sound options

7 hours ago, Keith Wilby said:

Welcome to the Machine 😃

Genre isn't my cup of tea but I'm well aware of how much effort went into this and why people would enjoy it. Well done 👍

Hey Keith, thanks so much for the listen and the feedback! And haha, you win the booby prize!! You're the first one to catch the synth programming nod to Welcome to the Machine, or at least to mention it 😁

Edited by Ross Smithe
  • Like 1