Interesting Dumble Article

Grem

11 hours ago, mettelus said:

big-name players who don’t play them onstage

Well I am thinking because they can get stolen. ZZ Top had a truck load of amps stolen. Some of those amps were custom amps built for Billy.  Don't know if he ever got them back.

And since they are not gonna play those type of scarce amps on the road, they might as well sign an endorsement deal with the highest bidder. And play those amps! Or play through a cell phone and just rent dummy cabs to put up for show. Less heavy equipment, less need to fuel up trucks, cheaper to tour, more profit. On some of these tours, the margin for profit is thin.

I am not talking Madonna, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood. 

Talking about strokes, there were these 3 old ladies sitting on a bench in the shopping mall when this young naked dude came running by, 1 of the old ladies had a stroke, the other 2 were to slow.

I'll see me'self out.

Edited by heath row
comma
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, heath row said:

Talking about strokes, there were these 3 old ladies sitting on a bench in the shopping mall when this young naked dude came running by, 1 of the old ladies had a stroke, the other 2 were to slow.

I'll see me'self out.

Here I was waiting for pwalpwal to say "Wrong thread!" but, no, he just moves along!  😆

• Haha 2

Nicky! ( whom I don't know personally ) is at a friends house playing out of my friends Dumble using a vintage Gibson ES ....also owned by my friend ..

The Dumble was gotten years after I left NYC so I never got to play out of this amp.

The Audio and video was captured using only an iPhone ...no DAW involved . Sounds pretty good to me considering .....

My friends u tube channel has a lot of videos from national amp shows featuring name boutique amps and builders 😉

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1