SoundMagic - Cadenza Ukelele (Free)

Niky Serrano

image.png.d3c9621f32e0eb86e9d2f4216225a7f3.png

Free ukulele plugin utilizing Neo Orchestra Engine

Note: Follow the instructions

The downloading link is protected by password. The password will be the first capital letter for the product name “Cadenza Strings”. Okay. We admit it. We’re giving this incredible strings away in hopes of luring you in, of getting you interested in our other products. Yes, surprising as it may sound, we actually would like you to BUY something from us so we can keep the virtual doors open and keep on developing cool new products like our other amazing products like below

https://neovst.com/cadenza-ukulele/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Installed.

Then quickly uninstalled. I definitely didn't find this virtual ukulele makes the cut -- or even comes close. 

[EDIT: For some reason I put in mandolin sample libraries instead of ukulele samples. Oh well...]
If someone is looking for a vastly superior free mandolin sample library, Spifire has one for their free Labs Player that is vastly superior, there's another library for Decent Sampler called Stella Mandolin and, for those who own the full version of KONTAKT, Edu Prado has a free mandolin library. 

https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/mandolin

https://www.decentsamples.com/product/stella-mandolin/

https://sounds.eduprado.com/products/extended-mandolin-bits-free

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2023 at 2:20 PM, User 905133 said:

Sometimes it actually is the tool, when the tool is trash. (I definitely am not referring to Harrison's ukulele or playing. I loved all the members of The Beatles). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:25 PM, Fleer said:

Just remembered I thoroughly dislike ukuleles. 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:
On 9/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, User 905133 said:

It's not the tool, it's how you use it.

Sometimes it actually is the tool, when the tool is trash. (I definitely am not referring to Harrison's ukulele or playing. I loved all the members of The Beatles). 

OK.  I'll take your word on it.

Aside: I have bought some things that some forum members praised and concluded that their standards of what was praiseworthy were very different from mine (i.e., for my needs the products were a waste of money). 

On 9/17/2023 at 3:52 PM, User 905133 said:

OK.  I'll take your word on it.

Aside: I have bought some things that some forum members praised and concluded that their standards of what was praiseworthy were very different from mine (i.e., for my needs the products were a waste of money). 

Absolutely. I'm definitely not saying that I am some great authority -- not at all. I'm saying that it is my opinion that this plugin/library (as it is a really low end sample library inferior to Soundfonts that I picked up free in the 90s) -- is not  good.

Personally, I weigh the opinions of forum members before I pick something up. I don't see anyone as the ultimate authority -- they may love something that I don't even like and visa versa. But on an objective basis, assessing this sample library (which, despite the developer using other techniques, it is largely just a small pool of samples that creates the ukulele sound), it's just not anywhere at the level of high quality, multi-layered, multi-sample library or modeled plugins that have been on the market for the past couple of decades. 

I realize that 20 or so years ago this developer made a free piano plugin that was somewhat popular, but they never reached a level of sonic quality equivalency with other developers, IMO. But it's a freebie, so really, if anyone is interested, download it, install and report back. You can reach your own decisions. I'm rarely this bold when I find a plugin or sample library that I think is poor, but I am puzzled that this developer produces plugins that, from my experience, aren't even close to what I would consider acceptable. As the developer asks a pretty serious price for some of their plugins, I am more apt to share my candid opinions. But I really was hoping to get some insights from someone who buys this developer's paid plugins, because, dead serious, I have listened to their demos, installed some of their freebies over the years, and I am very surprised that anyone would buy their plugins.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
Fixed a typo! Replaced the word "make" with "may."

On 9/18/2023 at 1:45 AM, PavlovsCat said:

I don't see anyone as the ultimate authority -- they make love something that I don't even like and visa versa.

I'm not a native English speaker but I think you're missing the word "to" there. ;) 

To say something on topic, I've noticed that some people seem to think that every library on Earth is, to quote, "pretty, pretty good" and others seem to think most of them are crapiola. There are also huge tracts of land between "this is really good [for my instrumental bluegrass music]" and "this is really good [for my operatic space techno death metal]".

On 9/18/2023 at 1:45 AM, PavlovsCat said:

But on an objective basis, assessing this sample library (which, despite the developer using other techniques, it is largely just a small pool of samples that creates the ukulele sound), it's just not anywhere at the level of high quality, multi-layered, multi-sample library or modeled plugins that have been on the market for the past couple of decades. 

This is the kind of assessment I'd like to hear more often. We all need to make the subjective evaluation by ourselves (alas, usually after buying the library) but the technical qualities are not a matter of opinion or taste, though even there we differ on what we appreciate and need. Sometimes you just want something cheap that makes a consistent "boink" and a gazillion round robins and velocity layers would be a bad thing. :) 

Edited by pseudopop

2 hours ago, pseudopop said:

I'm not a native English speaker but I think you're missing the word "to" there. ;) 

A typo. I meant to type may instead of make" "they may love something that I don't even like and visa versa."

If you noticed before that I linked to mandolin libraries instead of ukulele librares! I think I need an editor to review my posts before I press "Submit Reply"!

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

A typo. I meant to type may instead of make" "they may love something that I don't even like and visa versa."

Yes, I know. I was trying to make a joke. :) 

(I know my sense of humor is sometimes too subtle. Obscure, even. It's not very good, either, if I'm being honest. The deadpan delivery rarely helps.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Yes, I know. I was trying to make a joke. :) 

(I know my sense of humor is sometimes too subtle. Obscure, even. It's not very good, either, if I'm being honest. The deadpan delivery rarely helps.)

This is why I often skip subtle humor in social media -- it's too prone to misinterpretation. My sense of humor is pretty much in the same group as yours -- often dry and dead pan and based on irony.  If I post something that reflects that in a forum post a great deal of people won't get it. I did think there was a chance you were kidding, but I opted to not assume that, just in case! In a real life conversation,  I would have gone on with your remark and made it completely ridiculous.  So next time you catch one of my typos-- and I'm sure that time isn't too far away -- we can both share our senses of humor and confuse the rest of the forum. :)

• Like 1