Lifeline Console Upgrade from Lite for $15

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Use Coupon – hqmhbtrl

That's your personal coupon. 

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

This is like  4% CPU on an M1 Pro and therefore absolutely unusable for its intended purpose, acting as a channel strip.

Reaper shows about 0.1% CPU usage for me, less than most other plugins. I don't have a Mac though...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

This is like  4% CPU on an M1 Pro and therefore absolutely unusable for its intended purpose, acting as a channel strip.

Just curious...
Do you by any chance recall what the CPU hit was for the lite version?
The reason I ask is that the Full & Lite version are the same plugin - just various features unlocked when you register it as Full.
It's possible that they both hit have the same CPU hit.

Personally I was totally unimpressed by the Lite version and the Full version doesn't have enough (of anything for me) to warrant me spending the extra $
My recommendation is if you don't have PSP InfinitStrip that you throw your money that direction instead.
Yes it costs more but in terms of bang for the buck (or Euro, Peso, Pound - what is the phrase out side the US?) you get so much more.
But as they say YMMV.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

21 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Just curious...
Do you by any chance recall what the CPU hit was for the lite version?
The reason I ask is that the Full & Lite version are the same plugin - just various features unlocked when you register it as Full.
It's possible that they both hit have the same CPU hit.

Personally I was totally unimpressed by the Lite version and the Full version doesn't have enough (of anything for me) to warrant me spending the extra $
My recommendation is if you don't have PSP InfinitStrip that you throw your money that direction instead.
Yes it costs more but in terms of bang for the buck (or Euro, Peso, Pound - what is the phrase out side the US?) you get so much more.
But as they say YMMV.

The Lite version uses exactly the same amount.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

2 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

+1 for Infinistrip. IK Mixbox is also an option. 

Since I have both, thanks for suppressing my FOMO.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

But as they say YMMV.

These aren't even the same thing. Did you not notice the Mod & Wear modules in the Lifeline Console plugin? It's a multi-effect that can do significant (or subtle) signal degradation / lofi tape / vinyl / cassette effects, pitch modulation and could easily be categorized under "sound design".  It has more in common with RC-20, and is basically a fill-in-gaps partner to their Lifeline Expanse plugin which does reamping, speaker emulation, reverb, imaging, more extensive distortion / saturation.

No way you've used InfinitStrip Wind and Console and thought "ya, these are comparable". Lol. And no way you used Console and thought "doesn't have enough of anything for me". That plugin has a gazillion features that are totally useable in countless contexts. Although, perhaps you didn't like the sound of it, which is understandable. But imo, it's an extremely useful plugin.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

These aren't even the same thing. Did you not notice the Mod & Wear modules in the Lifeline Console plugin? It's a multi-effect that can do significant (or subtle) signal degradation / lofi tape / vinyl / cassette effects, pitch modulation and could easily be categorized under "sound design".  It has more in common with RC-20, and is basically a fill-in-gaps partner to their Lifeline Expanse plugin which does reamping, speaker emulation, reverb, imaging, more extensive distortion / saturation.

No way you've used InfinitStrip Wind and Console and thought "ya, these are comparable". Lol. And no way you used Console and thought "doesn't have enough of anything for me". That plugin has a gazillion features that are totally useable in countless contexts. Although, perhaps you didn't like the sound of it, which is understandable. But imo, it's an extremely useful plugin.

As I had stated YMMV...
I indeed was way underwhelmed with its 'gazillion features'.
But if you find it extremely useful then more power to you, hope it serves you well. 

If anyone loves the Lite version and thinks the additional features are worth the additional $15 then go for it.
Don't let me or anyone else hold you back. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

As I had stated YMMV...
I indeed was way underwhelmed with its 'gazillion features'.
But if you find it extremely useful then more power to you, hope it serves you well. 

If anyone loves the Lite version and thinks the additional features are worth the additional $15 then go for it.
Don't let me or anyone else hold you back. 

In my case, with RC-20 and Infinistrip, I have all I need, but +1 to your comments

IK Mixbox, Lifeline Console,... and more... there are a lot of options for all type of needs

Each one decides

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lionel said:

You're right.  I just verified for myself.  I really wanted this dang plugin too.

I'm guessing it was a single-use personalized coupon, perhaps?

It seems to be a processor hog under certain circumstances. So you may be happier without it. After all, it's a channel strip used on every track. 

4 hours ago, Kirean said:

Yeah, it's a unique code from a PB email. I guess one might have been targeted for the email if they got the LITE for free from Plugin Boutique.

You’re totally right. I did a quick search in my email inbox… found an email with a unique code!  I need to check my emails more often 😅

8 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

It seems to be a processor hog under certain circumstances. So you may be happier without it. After all, it's a channel strip used on every track. 

I actually don’t mind. I can just print the track(s) with the FX