Let this be heard, please bakers!

Will.

@Bristol_Jonesey  I think were driving pour Will bonkers. 

12 hours ago, Will. said:

We're talking about MONO INSTRUMENT INSERT TRACKS that sits in (on) a stereo enviroment (track.) 

So the wording throws me off but I think what you are saying is you are inserting an Split Instrument track for a Mono instrument and example would be the SI Bass. In the synth properties I found you can only choose Mono for split instruments, not Simple instruments. They are always stereo. 

But anyhow out of curiosity I inserted the SI bass as a mono source instrument,  I pointed a midi track at the SI Bass track which shows the Mono interleave icon. I play the track and it is showing -6.5 db. I click the interleave and change it to stereo and it still shows -6.5 db. 

Then I froze the SI Bass track and the resulting  Mono wave file now plays at -3.7 db. Interesting. 

So my only guess is even though the VST instrument track is set to mono it seems to still be actually playing as a stereo track to the output which  internally then is summing to mono again. Which as we all are well aware of adds + 3db to the created mono audio track. 

So is this the issue you were trying to explain?  That there's no such thing as a mono instrument track and the option to insert one is fake. I sort of think that this might just be universal to all DAW's

• Like 1

First of all you guys are overthinking this way too much. Secondly: No one is driving me "bonkers." 

1 hour ago, JohnnyV said:

Then I froze the SI Bass track and the resulting  Mono wave file now plays at -3.7 db. Interesting. 

That makes it not an accurate mono insert. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyV said:

but I think what you are saying is you are inserting an Split Instrument track 

Not even close to what I was doing or saying. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Okay, John. Do this (which is exactly what i am saying.) 

Insert a synth, go to the Track Tab in the TV, Select bounce to Track and Split the Channel Format to "Spilt to Mono." Delete the right track which was created, pan it back to center and do your with plugins too. You will find that no 3db will be added. 

That is how synth track should be handled under the hood. 

And yes, right now with how it works when toggling the interleave - the mono synth sits within a stereo track that is why the 3dB gets added. 

Pitty CbB will be discontinued though. I am looking forward to Sonar and next to test and try out though. 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

@Noel BorthwickWhy not just say what the price will be? From this remark, it seems as if you know.

See Jon's post here:

This is a company, so the price needs to go through a lot of hands before they can comment on it. There's a difference between knowing and being allowed to say anything before you get the go-ahead from HQ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:
2 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

@Noel BorthwickWhy not just say what the price will be? From this remark, it seems as if you know.

Because we don't. It has to be officially discussed and approved by the CEO and upper management. Its not my call so please be patient and wait for the due process to be completed.

I don't remember how much I paid for my early versions of Pro Audio and SONAR, but it seems to me the top numbers for the full versions were in the neighborhood of $400. To say Sonar will not cost that much doesn't actually say much. Obviously, disclosure is not my call, either. Can't help being curious, though, as one must prepare for the future, even if it might mean acquiring a new (different) DAW.

Edited by Larry Jones
typo
  • Great Idea 1

"It has to be approved by CEO..." what is going on, one wonders?

- three months ago it was announced Cakewalk is going commercial again

Before that CEO would have some kind of clue what he wants?

- and yet three months later still no clue

Which price points is it to be divided into?

- how many versions

- how much should each version be stripped of features and content

All these things Cakewalk has a long history of knowing, and yet seems they are cut out of the process?

- Cakewalk know this worked but not that?

- how many stayed entry Sonar Artist, how many went Professional or Platinum

- what were price points and result of that strategy

So even if to sum up reactions here over some time over announcement, still seems odd.

- nobody knows anything?

- and those that has a lot of knowledge seems not to be part of the process that is to be their future and their jobs depend on it

Just some thoughts, and I know, who cares? ;) I think I will put in my signature soon....

• Meh 2

11 minutes ago, gustabo said:

You're right.
BTW, there is no conspiracy going on...

I know the drill here, a dozen fanbois shower with likes if just praise CbB and thumbs down otherwise. That is how it goes.

My concern is that a dozen new Sonar customers is not going to make this success, so I don't mind a few punches or a lot even. I wish for Cake to succeed, and not spread fairy dust around. Hard core reality is coming up.

- and those that has the most knowledge seem not to be part of the process of their own future

- that's how it looks to me, Cakwalk is not involved enough

- they have decades of knowledge what worked and what didn't

- I sense frustration with Noel how he does not know either

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Canopus said:

You seem to be stuck in an endless loop. Try to deactivate the Loop On/Off button.

It didn't help, must be a bug somewhere.

To throw new ideas

- I'm ready to shell out $500 for let's say a 3 year maintenance deal

- and minimum of content, please

- this one thing to laborate with, make 1, 2 and 3 year maintenance deal

- this would give some extra wind in sails just as ship leaves the shore

- and time to fine tune strategies for Cakewalk

I think a good bunch will be ready to commit a little longer....

• Meh 2

Nobody knows or is publicly allowed to say what is going on yet.

The CEO isn't posting in this thread, nor is he under any obligation to come here and post. You're hearing from the CTO and dev team, who are saying they don't know/can't say yet what the price is.

That's basically the entire story. Until we get an official announcement, that's pretty much the answer.

Once Sonar and Next are properly launched with their pricing details, then everyone can decide if it's a good fit for them or not. Until then, all we can do is sit tight and wait.

This thread is starting to run its course, I think.

My overall view is this

- why did they beginning june announce this

- and accounced as "coming soon"

Did they do this so that everybody will just be silent and waiting?

- or did they look for feedback and ideas as clock is running

I'll go for the latter.

I looked all over for various VPN services, functionality and cost

- most offered annual stuff, or monthly stuff

- but some offered 2 and 3 year subscriptions

I evaluated 3 years and this amount, that is annually a good deal.

- I'm covered for 3 years and don't have to do anything

So I went for the 3 year thingy. More money upfront, but a good deal.

I have not seen this as alternative for Cakewalk ever, and thought I'll post it and Bakers can read possibly if might be an alternative among others for future as separate company.

- more money upfront which will be good as just starting to handle own costs

- and think many long time Sonar user might think it's a good deal

- overall vibes here says many wants this to succeed

- a stunning daw that is maintained better than any competition just about

I'm just making a reality test of it all

- there were pre Roland days

- there were Roland days

- there were Gibson days

- and has been Bandlab days

- and now going commercial again

You need some extra marketing money going commercial

- so just thought 2 and 3 year maintenance could be one option to offer

Many webstores have options to buy in to extra years of warranty and stuff.

- same thing here really

Thread is titled "Let this be heard, please Bakers".

John Farnham had a hit with "your the voice"

- "make it loud and make it clear"

You lot sitting and waiting, throw your ideas to Bakers too. 

- your ideas are as good as anybodies

- are you ready to shell out a couple of years giving a lower annual cost for maintenance?

- or something else

This is my aim, nothing else, as some seem to read negativiy into it.

• Meh 2

You have been given all of the answers that can be given. Continually beating on it will not reveal anything new at this point in time.

We are descending into getting stuck in a loop, and the beginning of thumbs down and FUD replies and reactions.

Time to lock.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1