Penny Loafer Shoes

FreeEarCandy

Penny Loafer Shoes is a song about a comical character I created who takes account of all the things he's "Got".

He finds he's got charm, education, high-minded goals, people around him that care, and a passion for security. Nevertheless, life is an unpredictable roll of the dice, and sometimes you miss your ship or come up short one lucky shoe, a sock, or a glove.

Be forewarned, this tune has some minor explicit lyrics, which some may think of as "unnecessary BS", and thusly they are copiously identified as such.

The tune's birthday was September 24, 2014, and it is part of the FEC 2014 Collection. My lord, it's been nearly 10 years already. This is a revised version with a modified bassline, drums and vocals. Some minor adjustments to the lyrics, as well. The guitar work is the same, as I'm now way too old to play the crazy riffs contained herein.

Sort of Frank Zappa-ish in style. Some will likely suggest I cut the beginning slow build, but when I tried that, it seemed too sudden, so I just left it in. You can jump forward 45 seconds to get to the meat.  Wow! This one is 7:13 long, but don't let the length scare you away from this carefree and fun tune.

Ingredients:

SI Bass
AD2 Drums.
Guitar Rig 6
Pro-channel Rematrix

Fender Strat with modified pickups and a maple neck

Remixed and Mastered with Neutron 4 and Ozone 10.

I hope this puts a smile on your face!

Edited by FreeEarCandy
  • Like 1

Oh well , loved that bloody great snare , recording was really out there , had a great live sound and then not , and yes there`s a zappa influence in there  for me ..saw him live in the`` london oval ´´ many years ago....... over 7 minutes didnt seem a second too long ..great stuff cheers paul ..Oh great guitar work ..

• Like 1

I join the chorus as far as the Zappa style to this number.    This song has a blues feel to it, it has some great bass and guitar work,  the lyrics are terrific, and the vocals present the lyrics and feel of the instrumentation perfectly.

This is just plain old absoflippinlutely COOL!

• Like 1