IK Amplitube 5 Updated to 5.6.0

cclarry

Changes from version 5.5.6:

Introducing AmpliTube 5 Morley Collection adding:

Officially Certified Morley® EVO-1 Oil Can Delay™ Model.

Officially Certified Morley® PWF Power Wah Fuzz™ Model.

General reliability improvements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keni said:

Amazingly s l o w install. I thought my pc died twice and almost re-booted!

That's why I'm watching the YT video on the new Morley stomps for AT5 as it's installing. The slowest part is the unpacking of the 2.8 GB distro file (.pak).

2 minutes ago, Keni said:

Amazingly s l o w install. I thought my pc died twice and almost re-booted!

That's because they haven't learned how to "append" the program, so it requires a FULL new install
everytime something new is added - 2.8 Gb

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BTP said:

Again, remember to check the IKM Downloads folder and delete the old installers that aren't needed. They take a lot of space.

I move mine to my storage drive...I keep the current and previous of everything...in case I need to "go back"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, John Maar said:

That's why I'm watching the YT video on the new Morley stomps for AT5 as it's installing. The slowest part is the unpacking of the 2.8 GB distro file (.pak).

So I noticed... By that time though at least I felt certain it was installing! The invisible wait for the installer to actually start had me convinced something was afoot... 😉

20 minutes ago, BTP said:

Again, remember to check the IKM Downloads folder and delete the old installers that aren't needed. They take a lot of space.

I assume you mean the program installers (specifically the old AT, TR5, etc. installers) as opposed to any Sound Content installers--unless people don't mind paying extra to re-download the sound content installers when needed.

42 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's because they haven't learned how to "append" the program, so it requires a FULL new install
everytime something new is added - 2.8 Gb

You'd think by now they'd have learned? I'm sure they can give you reason(s) why they choose this, but it kills their' popularity a lot!

They've got some great plugins, but they need to re-coonect to the humans who actually use their software... Such as the ability to turn off features and lighten it's load if you're not using them (detailed speaker selection etc... Nice to have but not often needed for me... Just an example...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, User 905133 said:

I assume you mean the program installers (specifically the old AT, TR5, etc. installers) as opposed to any Sound Content installers--unless people don't mind paying extra to re-download the sound content installers when needed.

Of course. I had 50-100 GB of old versions when cleaned up the folder a while ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Saw that Morley is included with TS Max through July 31. Hope that includes those who already upgraded.  I can’t check my system  for a few more hours.  

Nope...in typical IK fashion it does not.  Only new customers

Edited by cclarry

13 minutes ago, BTP said:

Of course. I had 50-100 GB of old versions when cleaned up the folder a while ago.

Holy cwapola. I had NO idea that those old downloads were retained. On my internal 1 GB SSD system drive. Freed up over 100 GB. Merci beaucoup, y'all!

23 minutes ago, Greg said:

Saw that Morley is included with TS Max through July 31. Hope that includes those who already upgraded.  I can’t check my system  for a few more hours.  

It’s included for purchase. Maybe it’s included in the full version. I’m only running CS