Command Center offline?

Peter Mangold

Question

16 answers to this question

I’ll repeat this again. There is a lot of value in what we got with Sonar. When Gibson walked away anyone with any sense backed up everything to do with Sonar in at least 3 or more safe locations.  
This includes the Command Center Download folder.  
All the registration codes and install files, backed up and safe. To depend on a web site for valuable software you own and paid for is asking for eventually loosing it all. 
If and when you do get access to it Back it up!  They have been very good about bailing people out but that could change. It’s not their problem really, it is Gibsons. 

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyV said:

I’ll repeat this again. There is a lot of value in what we got with Sonar. When Gibson walked away anyone with any sense backed up everything to do with Sonar in at least 3 or more safe locations.  
This includes the Command Center Download folder.  
All the registration codes and install files, backed up and safe. To depend on a web site for valuable software you own and paid for is asking for eventually loosing it all. 
If and when you do get access to it Back it up!  They have been very good about bailing people out but that could change. It’s not their problem really, it is Gibsons. 

I don't understand what you mean with 'download folder'.  I downloaded each installer from the Web page and have them all save together with the activation codes - of course.

How about the automatic activation? Isn't that the actual value of the command center? BR, Peter

@Peter Mangold - We're aware of the issue and are looking into ways to fix it.

As a temporary workaround,  you can do the following:

1. Open up powershell ( Windows Key + X, then press A )
2. Type in the following:

3. Add the following lines to the bottom of the file, and press CTRL + S to save:

4. Run CCC as normal, and do what you have to do.

DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS AFTERWARDS: 

When you're finished, follow step 2 then comment the two lines out, and press CTRL + S to save:

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

13 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Peter Mangold - We're aware of the issue and are looking into ways to fix it.

As a temporary workaround,  you can do the following:

1. Open up powershell ( Windows Key + X, then press A )
2. Type in the following:

3. Add the following lines to the bottom of the file, and press CTRL + S to save:
4. Run CCC as normal, and do what you have to do.
DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS AFTERWARDS: 
When you're finished, follow step 2 then comment the two lines out, and press CTRL + S to save:

Works perfectly! Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Peter Mangold said:

Works perfectly! Many thanks!

FYI we'll be releasing a new version of the Cakewalk Command Center very soon to solve this issue.

So please make sure you either comment out, or remove those lines from your hosts file once it's available.  If left as is, it could cause CbB to de-activate in the future.

[EDIT] - And here it is.... 

p[

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FYI we'll be releasing a new version of the Cakewalk Command Center very soon to solve this issue.

So please make sure you either comment out, or remove those lines from your hosts file once it's available.  If left as is, it could cause CbB to de-activate in the future.

[EDIT] - And here it is.... 

p[

Can you please send me the command line to open the file again, so that I can remove the lines. I did no copy...

Anyone know why I don't (and have never) seen all my Versions of Sonar under "Connected Products" in Command Center? I have licenses for X1, X2, etc. but only see Platinum in Command Center. I've already got all the installers downloaded and backed up for safekeeping, but was wondering if I could download some of the unique plugins that came with prior versions (without running the installers) - if that is even possible.

I got a pop-up from RadControls when running the 1.1.8 Setup saying that the software is for evaluation purposes only. Are other people getting that?  If not, I will have to check to see if I have some sort of malware that was trigger by installing 1.1.8.  Thanks.

UPDATE: I installed 1.1.7.1 which didn't work (can't connect) and then reinstalled 1.1.8.1.  This time I didn't get the RadControls pop-up. Launched SONAR Home Studio.  It worked!  🙂  

Thanks.

Edited by User 905133

4 hours ago, Sal Sorice said:

Anyone know why I don't (and have never) seen all my Versions of Sonar under "Connected Products" in Command Center? I have licenses for X1, X2, etc. but only see Platinum in Command Center. I've already got all the installers downloaded and backed up for safekeeping, but was wondering if I could download some of the unique plugins that came with prior versions (without running the installers) - if that is even possible.

Those versions were never "connected" products. They don't have the same install mechanism as SONAR Platinum. X3 was the first version to offer a full download of any kind. You'd need your install discs for them. 

4 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

X3 was the first version to offer a full download of any kind. You'd need

I thought X1 was the first fully downloadable version. At least, the download version is the only one I have installed ever.

SONAR 8.5 was partially available as a download relying on SONAR 8 for a complete install.

1 hour ago, scook said:

I thought X1 was the first fully downloadable version. At least, the download version is the only one I have installed ever.

SONAR 8.5 was partially available as a download relying on SONAR for a complete install.

I stand corrected, there were the multi-part X1 downloads. Apparently after a decade things can get a little fuzzy when you've got plenty going on to stay busy. 😎

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

I stand corrected, there were the multi-part X1 downloads. Apparently after a decade things can get a little fuzzy when you've got plenty going on to stay busy. 😎

You need to install the legacy stuff more frequently to really appreciate what it means to be a long term Cakewalk user.

The copy of the download folder not only backs up all of the plug ins and software it makes reinstalling to a new computer super fast. 
Run the Command Center install and then don’t install anything. Now copy the content of the backup file to the new download folder. Now everything goes fast.