Prochannel indicator on the track

Terry Kelley

image.thumb.png.8762c4cc1af8c152584931445691e4f2.png

HI Mark, 

I don't see anything. Maybe I'm not being clear. In the Track View, I don't see any indication that Pro-Channel is active. You can certainly see it's active in the Pro-Channel window itself but if that is off or the Inspector window isn't open, there is nothing in the track section itself that lights up. For example, track 15 has Pro-Channel on. Maybe I'm missing something. I did switch back to stock the themes in case Flat White Matcha doesn't show it but I still didn't see anything.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Terry Kelley
Trying to delete screen shots! LOL Ain't workin'.

Not in my opinion. I want to know if PC is active if I don't have the inspector open. I want to the track to tell me. I often don't have the inspector or PC open. I don't want to use the inspector when I don't want to use the inspector LOL. But hey, what do I know, eh?

I don't think there's any risk of the developers jumping on this and doing anything.

😀

Edited by Terry Kelley

30 minutes ago, Terry Kelley said:

Not in my opinion.

You can see all the controls on both places in the picture though. This is a fact, not an opinion. The only control which is not replicated from the channel strip at the track said strip is part of is the ProChannel.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

Sorry Bruno, I don't get what you are saying.  I can see the PC controls in the track view when the inspector is closed?

I can see the track controls in the inspector, yes but not the PC controls on the track. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I want to have the inspector closed and know the PC is active.

4 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

Sorry Bruno, I don't get what you are saying.  I can see the PC controls in the track view when the inspector is closed?

I can see the track controls in the inspector, yes but not the PC controls on the track. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I want to have the inspector closed and know the PC is active.

My point is it would make sense to have an indicator for that in the track lane because you have every other control from the channel strip replicated in the track lane. I don't necessarily think you should be able to open the ProChannel from the track lane, but it would be nice to know if it is on for that track or not without having to open the inspector.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, msmcleod said:

There is one... if the background is orange, it's on. If it's grey, it's off.

image.png.7b4498c6727f93d7d7beb9e31ea4f135.png

The OP has a point about no indicator in the track view and there is no way to view the status of more than one track/bus without opening up the console view.

Track headers in the track view are pretty busy but having this on the strip where FX power button/label/open layout are located above the FX rack could be useful. Maybe a 3-way button (off,pre,post) and PC label or a mini version of the post/pre PC overload/Power from the track strip right next to the FX label.

ei8U3r4.png

• Like 2