Audiomodern Chordjam $39:

cclarry

Audiomodern also just released a free update to Chordjam 1.5  I don't see it on their site yet, but they sent out an email overnight.  Adds MPE, chord "glide" and I think some presets.  I've not had time to look at it yet.

Edited by Brian Lawler
YT Link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, Fleer said:

A good one for chords, though there’s Scaler 2, of course. 
I’m looking at getting Chord Sequencer in Reason. 

I'm avoiding Scaler 2 with a passion.  If they want me to get Scaler, they need to make a version without samples.

5 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

what do you mean by that, "a version without samples"?

Scaler 2 is 1gb download.  They include "samples" which is a sound file they use for their voices of the instrument.  Kind of like how Kontact works.  I'd rather that they create a version that more light weight without that extra files I don't need.  I'm sure that Scaler can be used to use my own plugins like Kontact by sending midi to it.

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Scaler 2 is 1gb download.  They include "samples" which is a sound file they use for their voices of the instrument.  Kind of like how Kontact works.  I'd rather that they create a version that more light weight without that extra files I don't need.  I'm sure that Scaler can be used to use my own plugins like Kontact by sending midi to it.

Oh, I see. Yes, you can route it to another instrument, of course. In contrast to the many GB of sampled instruments that I already have the 1GB for Scaler 2 never seemed like a big issue to me. But then again if you're already running out of hard disk space it might become a problem.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't think you have to install sounds with Scaler. 

So Scaler 2 vs. Chordjam - discuss.

It's okay, though... I have Chord Panda on Reaper and it's free.  I own both Cakewalk Sonar Producer 8.5 and Reaper.

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

It's okay, though... I have Chord Panda on Reaper and it's free.  I own both Cakewalk Sonar Producer 8.5 and Reaper.

I was curious -  did you mean "Chord Gun" on Reaper?     I found no reference to  "Chord Panda" . . .

Syphus

2 hours ago, Syphus said:

I was curious -  did you mean "Chord Gun" on Reaper?     I found no reference to  "Chord Panda" . . .

Syphus

Your right.  Chord Gun.

For some reason, I do remember having a "Panda" jsfx, but I'll have to check again later when I'm on the computer to see what it was.  Since both jsfx scripts deal with the same category, it's why I get them mixed up a lot.

The standout Chordjam feature for me was that the arp mode can be different for each chord. So passing chords can do an arp flourish leading into the next chord. I don’t think I’ve seen this before. I only noticed it watching a vid on new presets. 

I just look at this as another tool, not a replacement for scaler. For pure chord progressions, it’s scaler, hands down. I do find that they’ve crammed so many features into scaler, they need to rethink the UI. Too much is buried into menus and panels. Powerful, but ya gotta spend the time to learn it. Guess that’s why they offer classes on it. It’s a beast for sure. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

I doubt anyone else here is as clueless as I am, but you need to go and get the two new free chord packs.  They are not built in to the ChordJam update.

https://audiomodern.com/chordjam-packs/

Yup. It's weird that they  just don't update the factory packs and include then there. I was kinda expecting to have to pay for the new packs. 

• Like 1