its appreciated ... Lynn said post more so here i go

This is a short song with a Chilled Jazzy type feel on the E piano

Run to the Moon

Hope i am not Boring everyone with this Soft style of music

Thanks for Listening

subvibe

run too the moon.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice ..  there were some somewhat dissident but very interesting changes in this one. I for one am Never bored by your smooth style,  but am very intimidated by your mixing /mastering talent. I usually feel as if I'm listening to a nice reference track that would be out of my reach.  It would be interesting to hear what you would do with a song outside of this genre.  Another impressive production.                                    Enjoyed it ..         mark

Edited by mark skinner

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Nice ..  there were some somewhat dissident but very interesting changes in this one. I for one am Never bored by your smooth style,  but am very intimidated by mixing /mastering talent. I usually feel as if I'm listening to a nice reference track that would be out of my reach.  It would be interesting to hear what you would do with a song outside of this genre.  Another impressive production.                                    Enjoyed it ..         mark

Hi Mark

many thanks for the kind words Its appreciated

Firstly i just do this for Fun & my Hobby .. i like to do the smooth type style but i have done other genres too

recently i did a up tempo song at the request of my daughter I will try to find it I forget a lot of stuff i do

its because i am old ...    I think i will do a new song in the style of Dua Lipa of purple Disco Machine

I have heard your music & mixes & i am very impressed with the Quality its really good

I am a novice & don't know everything  but  try out things to see how it gels in the song/mix 

one thing that i think is important is gain staging this basically gives headroom for the end mix

i am more than willing to share the little experience i have if it helps & you can always PM me if you want

or if you want a collab or remix i am happy to give it a try but it may not be as good as the original 

regards

subvibe

Edited by subvibe
  • Thanks 1

Hi you.

Think you some very interesting thing going on here. For me you have an Indian vibe running through this and your approach to effects are really interesting ... did I here a bit of the Orbit 9090 in there ??  Not my thing but I would listen to it again and it will be interesting to see what comes next .. BTW I am a great fan of Lynn's work so if he says post some more do it ( He always complains my vocal is too low in the mix .. so he's pretty honest and doesn't hold back B| but he won't hurt your feelings LOL)

• Thanks 1

Hi

Thank you so much for the positive comments

@Supa Reels  no there is no Orbit 9090 in there , some of the sounds i use are from Spire they sound big but are only a few Mb

strangely my Dog Lulu is on percussion at 1.19 its a bark but seemed to fit so i left it

most of my stuff is pretty laid back but sometimes i try something different a friend challenged me to do something a bit retro disco

so  maybe i will post it ?

greetz

subvibe

1734892694_LuluTrim.jpg.e4482f1798951d1f22c921b753c59c4d.jpg

• Like 1

You really threw my ears for a loop about midpoint.  I seriously thought that chime-guitar thing was something going on in my house!  You have a unique style there that is both interesting and lovely at the same time.  Thanks for sharing this.

😀John B

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:37 AM, subvibe said:

strangely my Dog Lulu is on percussion at 1.19 its a bark but seemed to fit so i left it

My pit bull "Sukie" joins me every morning at 4:30 am in my studio. I got used to working early in the mornings before I went to work and was still fresh. Now retired but on the same schedule..  I rarely have to edit her out , she seems to be content on her blanket. I didn't notice the bark first time thru and went back for another listen . Cool ..  Enjoyed it again ..     mark 

• Thanks 1