East West Hollywood Fantasy Brass

cclarry

17 hours ago, cclarry said:

Sorry, but I can't even use East West software!  There software is too power hungry.

Now you've got a meh :)

I've been wanting to use "meh" for quite some time, no offense to you cclarry as you do always post great deals!

Edited by El Diablo
Extra info
  • Like 1

Yeah, cclarry has truly made this forum what it is. He deserves lots of THANKS for his efforts. Of course,  there's going to be some plugins and libraries that don't appeal to us. But if you check out his other threads, chances are that Larry has posted a deal on something that will appeal to you. He's the Michael Jordan of the Deals subforum. The 🐐. No one's even a close second.  First ballot Cakewalk Forum HOFer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Sorry, but I can't even use East West software!  There software is too power hungry.

Now you've got a meh :)

I've been wanting to use "meh" for quite some time, no offense to you cclarry as you do always post great deals!

Well, there's Arturia's Augmented Brass, which is priced at 69 bucks atm.

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Well, there's Arturia's Augmented Brass, which is priced at 69 bucks atm.

People on Gearspace were feeling very „meh“ about that one but I think it’s incredible, especially for €29 loyalty pricing. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, cclarry has truly made this forum what it is. He deserves lots of THANKS for his efforts. Of course,  there's going to be some plugins and libraries that don't appeal to us. But if you check out his other threads, chances are that Larry has posted a deal on something that will appeal to you. He's the Michael Jordan of the Deals subforum. The 🐐. No one's even a close second.  First ballot Cakewalk Forum HOFer. 

I'm curious.. does Larry use a program that automates the deals or is he actually manually posting every deal?

Installed, and its very nice too! I am waiting for the rest of the series and the orchestrator to be released, It should be quite a powerful package.

As for comparisons with Arturia's Augmented Brass, that is a real case of comparing apples and oranges. Which is best? well that depends entirely on what you are trying to do. Fantasy Brass is a conventional sample library with a fantastic, powerful sound, some different brass instruments and lots of articulations for each, Augmented Brass leans more towards sound design and manipulated sound. Both good in their own right but comparing on price is missing the point of both.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Installed, and its very nice too! I am waiting for the rest of the series and the orchestrator to be released, It should be quite a powerful package.

As for comparisons with Arturia's Augmented Brass, that is a real case of comparing apples and oranges. Which is best? well that depends entirely on what you are trying to do. Fantasy Brass is a conventional sample library with a fantastic, powerful sound, some different brass instruments and lots of articulations for each, Augmented Brass leans more towards sound design and manipulated sound. Both good in their own right but comparing on price is missing the point of both.

Well, I'd think a library called "Fantasy Brass" would be conducive to making brass sounds that may not exist which is what the Arteria one is settling for.

4 hours ago, jngnz said:

People on Gearspace were feeling very „meh“ about that one but I think it’s incredible, especially for €29 loyalty pricing. 🤷‍♂️

Very true. Love that Augmented series from Arturia, a great new direction from them. 
Same goes for the EastWest Fantasy series. Quite inspiring, to say the least. 

15 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Well, I'd think a library called "Fantasy Brass" would be conducive to making brass sounds that may not exist which is what the Arteria one is settling for.

EW are aiming it at scoring fantasy films etc. Hence the name.  It departs from conventional  orchestra lineups ( like fantasy Strings) by adding other, older, instruments like Alphorn and Viols but it remains a straight library of real instrument samples with keyswitches and various mic positions.