iZotope Audiolens for free

Frank

10 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

In other words, this is useless without a copy of Ozone 10 and Neutron 4.

Can't we put it at the end of the plugin chain and manually adjust the EQ, compression, limiting etc to keep the mix on track? I do this with sonible true:balance that, IMO, is similar to this fella.

6 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Can't we put it at the end of the plugin chain and manually adjust the EQ, compression, limiting etc to keep the mix on track? I do this with sonible true:balance that, IMO, is similar to this fella.

No because you don't have it as a plugin unless you have Ozone 10 or Neutron 4.

image.thumb.png.6852c62b8c2eff66192c823c8067b1f6.png

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

No because you don't have it as a plugin unless you have Ozone 10 or Neutron 4.

image.thumb.png.6852c62b8c2eff66192c823c8067b1f6.png

@Bruno de Souza Lino, I had the same question as Sergio at one point.  Actually, the landing page in your screenshot provides the answer: 

"Audiolens can be used on its own to compare and collect references, but when paired with Ozone 10 or Neutron 4 it unlocks the capability to easily match your chosen references. "

@Sergio There's your answer.  You can use Audio Lens without other Izotope plugins (or in my case, with earlier versions of Ozone and Neutron which don't integrate). Of course,  that means missing out on the integration possibilities,  but that's no surprise-- it can't integrate with software that isn't on your computer -- but it still works and it seems like a very cool tool, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

"Audiolens can be used on its own to compare and collect references, but when paired with Ozone 10 or Neutron 4 it unlocks the capability to easily match your chosen references. "

An important distinction to make here is Audiolens on its own is a standalone app, not a plugin. And without Ozone or Neutron, it's nothing more than a fancy spectrum viewer with some fancy persistent of vision guff thrown in. Even SPAN has more functionality than it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

An important distinction to make here is Audiolens on its own is a standalone app, not a plugin. And without Ozone or Neutron, it's nothing more than a fancy spectrum viewer with some fancy persistent of vision guff thrown in. Even SPAN has more functionality than it.

What's SPAN? Is it free or inexpensive? I like the idea and functionality of this tool a lot.  I picked it up months ago, but I haven't tried it yet.  In my case, I am not very knowledgeable on mixing and rely on Izotope and Sonible's AI analysis and recommendations when mixing and mastering. So, I'm completely open to any suggestions you have. 

My favorite free spectrum analyzer is (surprise!) MAnalyzer.

"MAnalyzer is an advanced spectral analyzer and sonogram containing unique features such as smoothing, normalization, super-resolution, prefiltering and deharmonization. The included meters provide a peak meter and EBU R128 and ITU-R BS 1770-3 compliant loudness meter."

My favorite feature is that it comes with a bunch of presets that show analysis for various genres of music. These curves can then be compared with the live input to see how your song's overall balance looks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So, @Starship Krupa I have been strongly considering buying Sonible's Metering Bundle after really enjoying using their plugins -- and the FAST plugins they make for Focusrite. Have you checked the Sonible stuff out? If so, I'd love the get your thoughts. I really like the idea of having software that's super user friendly (AKA dumbed down!). While I was using Izotope and still use it for mastering, for mixing, I like Sonible's tools best (although I go back and forth between Sonible's and Izotope's reverbs and think I prefer Neoverb in that contest). I do have Melda's freebies installed and tried their demos in the past, but frankly, I have not found them very enjoyable to use (I get why you like them -- you actually know what you're doing when it comes to mixing and matering; I don't!). Love to get your -- or anyone else's thoughts. 

https://www.mixonline.com/technology/reviews/plug-ins/sonible-metering-bundle-a-real-world-review

Edited by PavlovsCat

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

My favorite feature is that it comes with a bunch of presets that show analysis for various genres of music. These curves can then be compared with the live input to see how your song's overall balance looks.

I didn't that. Thanks for the info. Similar functionality has Izotope's tonal balance?

10 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

So, @Starship Krupa I have been strongly considering buying Sonible's Metering Bundle after really enjoying using their plugins -- and the FAST plugins they make for Focusrite. Have you checked the Sonible stuff out? If so, I'd love the get your thoughts. I really like the idea of having software that's super user friendly....

If you like the way Sonible does things and you think you are in need of fancy metering/analysis software, try their demo.

What issues do you have that you want those plug-ins' help with?

I'm glad they made it free again.  This time I'm getting it!

Get this before you don't forgive yourself from not getting it!

Edit:

Even if it isn't a plugin, I just bought Audio Virtual Cable from

https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

So, I can reroute the audio from my DAW into Audiolens and then back into my DAW and use it just like a plugin!

Edited by El Diablo

11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

If you like the way Sonible does things and you think you are in need of fancy metering/analysis software, try their demo.

The same purpose as Audiolens, to analyze the mix and find and fix any issues and make refinements to improve the quality of the mix. Also, to compare my mixes to similar genre reference tracks. Beyond my mixing inexperience,  on a side note, I have some pretty serious hearing issues that make me an absolutely terrible choice as a mix engineer, so having AI tools and looking at reference tracks give me a little more confidence that I can pull off an acceptable mix. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I know this is offtopic, please forgive me, but...

I own a handful of Sonible plugins... and Smart Reverb disappoints me with all the crashing it does.  I have Sonible's Metering Bundle and that works pretty well.  Love Sonible's Smart EQ.  I just hate their Smart Reverb plugin, because it keeps crashing my DAW at random times.

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

The same purpose as Audiolens, to analyze the mix and find and fix any issues and make refinements to improve the quality of the mix.

While it may seem like that, this is more like T-Racks Master Match when you couple it with Ozone 10 or Neutron 4 that what you're describing. Insight 2 is the tool which does that instead. Expose from Mastering the Mix also does the same thing.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

to analyze the mix and find and fix any issues and make refinements to improve the quality of the mix. Also, to compare my mixes to similar genre reference tracks.

What @Bruno de Souza Lino said about Insight 2. You have iZotope Music Production Suite 5, IIRC? If so, it includes Insight 2, Neutron Unmask and Ozone Master Rebalance.

MPS 5 includes tools that go beyond what the sonible ones do, so if my memory is correct and you do have it, check those out first. I have MPS 5 and  it's so vast that I haven't scratched the surface of what it can do.

Edited by Starship Krupa

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

What @Bruno de Souza Lino said about Insight 2. You have iZotope Music Production Suite 5, IIRC? If so, it includes Insight 2, Neutron Unmask and Ozone Master Rebalance.

MPS 5 includes tools that go beyond what the sonible ones do, so if my memory is correct and you do have it, check those out first. I have MPS 5 and  it's so vast that I haven't scratched the surface of what it can do.

No, I have the Tonal Balance Control package and not the most recent version, but the one before the most recent version. So I don't own  Insight 1 or 2 and Izotope lists a price for it of $199 USD, which is 4x as much as Sonible's current sale price.  Beyond the price difference, while Izotope's tools may be a lot deeper than Sonible's, I do end up using Sonible's plugins a lot more because it's so easy to grasp and get good results quickly. 

Edited by PavlovsCat