iZotope Audiolens for free

Frank

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Beyond the price difference, while Izotope's tools may be a lot deeper than Sonible's, I do end up using Sonible's plugins a lot more because it's so easy to grasp and get good results quickly. 

That's definitely a thing. Metering plug-ins are supposed to be looked at, by definition, and if the sonible way of displaying things is your preferred one, then these will be the best spectrum and loudness meters for you. Many companies make loudness meters and spectrum analyzers, but the best ones are the ones that the person looking at them can most easily understand. IMO. My favorite spectrum analyzer is MeldaProduction's but not my favorite loudness analyzer.

I use Mastering the Mix' LEVELS on every project, on my mixdown bus. That's like sonible's true:level (with a couple of fancier metering options), which in the MeldaProduction line would be MLoudnessAnalyzer and in the Plugin Alliance lineup, bx_meter. Another fave is TBProAudio's dpMeter.

For spectrum analysis, I use the aforementioned MAnalyzer. The sonible equivalent is true:balance, which is similar to SPAN and Plugin Alliance's SPL Hawkeye.

All of these can be demo'd (or even owned) for free, so take advantage of that. Maybe you'll discover a must-have feature in one or more of them. bx_meter and SPL Hawkeye may be had for $49 for the pair. LEVELS is the spendiest, but I got it as a PB freebie, one of the best ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1