Soundiron 🔴 The New Iron Pack 7 - Soprano

cclarry

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I think this is a smaller version of their Voices of Rapture - Soprano library. And that’s a pretty good one. 

Is it pretty good, or is it pretty pretty good?  Inquiring minds need to know before spending $3.

Edited by husker
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Anyone know if the "New" Iron Pack 7 is an update to the old "Iron Pack 7"? I'll gladly give them another 3 bucks if they've added content.

“For this 2.0 upgrade, we remastered the samples to give you pristine quality, and embedded them into our four-layer modular engine. Our advanced sound-design features and sound-shaping controls let you morph and stretch these vocal timbres into new dimensions of soundscapes and more.”

Iron Pack 7 - Soprano upgrade is $2

I bought this new version not realizing it was an upgrade. The audio material sounds very similar to me. The new four part engine is easier to use to combine sounds with. I don’t particularly like the chromatically sampled long notes at pitch, but when stretched down in pitch and combined with some of the other sounds, it makes for some pretty interesting sounding patches – which is what I think the Iron Packs are best at. 
I don’t think I’ll ever use any of the vocal phrases as they sound pretty not good to me, but some of the Custom FX presets are kinda awesome.

EDIT: I just found that there is a scripted legato/portamento function hidden away in the GUI which brings more functionality than initially meets the eye. To me, Soundiron are kinda like the opposite of 8DIO – underpromises but overdelivers.

Edited by Bovinator

13 hours ago, Bovinator said:

...To me, Soundiron are kinda like the opposite of 8DIO – underpromises but overdelivers.

I don't know if you knew it or it's just a coincidence, but Troels (the founder of 8Dio) formerly had a sampling company called Tonehammer with the folks now known as SoundIron.  I agree with your observation. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

I think I might be the tightest wad around here. I got the upgrade price, then applied my edu discount, paid $1.34, then still checked out the instrument for ages – making sure I got my money’s worth – which I thought I did – all $1.34 of it. 

Yeah, the Baritone Guitar is not bad – not sampled particularly deeply, but that’s probably not the point of a library like this. If you are looking to get just a favor of a BG in the context of a track, this might do. 

• Haha 1