Free REmatrix reverb expansion

Fleer

10 hours ago, treesha said:

I think the Anderton IR files are in this

AndertonCollectionSetup_1.0.0.25.exe

I own platinum, not sure when or how I got this file but I think they are in there

Thanks treesha!

I considered that but didn’t see it listed and thought it too "big" to jot be mentioned.

I guess it won’t hurt anything to add the other items even tho I never use them... they’re not tiny if 

I remember correctly...

I'll check it out this morning.

Edit:

I checked this morning and couldn't find such a file. The only one listed in My Products is the 30th anniversary Anderton FX chain collection. Very small and I didn't see it unpack enough to include IRs (I don't think)

I'll see if I can scan my old DAW including all my backups. Maybe I have it somewhere already?

Edited by Keni

Interesting...

Nope. Can't find any such file on old DAW even on the backup drives, but I did discover...

Perfect Space IR Collection.....

Remember Perfect Space? I prior convolution reverb we were given? I haven't tried them yet but I'm guessing the impluses will load into ReMatrix Solo. Now to see if they're still of any value! 😉

Edit:

Yup, So far I loaded all the Lexicon 480L impulses. All loaded successfully and sound fine except for 1 that exceeeded the 20sec limit...

Now to checkout all the others. Too bad Solo doesn't have a better filing system for user impulses but for the price? I guess a useful too for sure.

Now to checkout the remaining impulses as there are more than half a dozen libraries within it other than the Lexi...

Edit 2:

Very impressive but getting to be more than I need... I've imported the above Lexicon 480 impulses and the H3000 impulses and I think that's already approaching 200 impulses... Patience? Ha! Scanned a number of them and they are all usable and some sound quite sweet.... So it makes up for not finding the Anderton impulses.

Anyone else remember Perfect Space?

Edited by Keni

11 hours ago, treesha said:

I think the Anderton IR files are in this

AndertonCollectionSetup_1.0.0.25.exe

I own platinum, not sure when or how I got this file but I think they are in there

That file is not available in the standard Platinum installers as far as I can see. I presumably installed them into a folder in my local drive years ago, but have no clue to a source link for them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Very impressive but getting to be more than I need... I've imported the above Lexicon 480 impulses and the H3000 impulses and I think that's already approaching 200 impulses... Patience? Ha! Scanned a number of them and they are all usable and some sound quite sweet.... So it makes up for not finding the Anderton impulses.

Good find, thanks!

When I have a spare minute will need to check them out. Lexicon was bundled with Sonar Producer up through 8.5. It was either dropped or replaced by something else in X1. Perfect Space Convolution was also available at the time from Sonar 5 through X3.

Here's a spreadsheet based on earlier work by members Mudgel and scook, that I updated years ago when Platinum was still king. :)

Sonar plugins Sonar 3 to Platinum spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qNsnKBASsnsALygDDQSQ4jFW6yhZIJZcIpfwH-6qgy0/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Edited by abacab

23 minutes ago, abacab said:

Good find, thanks!

When I have a spare minute will need to check them out. Lexicon was bundled with Sonar Producer up through 8.5. It was either dropped or replaced by something else in X1. Perfect Space Convolution was also available at the time from Sonar 5 through X3.

Here's a spreadsheet based on earlier work by members Mudgel and scook, that I updated years ago when Platinum was still king. :)

Sonar plugins Sonar 3 to Platinum spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qNsnKBASsnsALygDDQSQ4jFW6yhZIJZcIpfwH-6qgy0/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Thanks for the link. Nice work my compliments to those involved.

I’m now overloaded with more impulses than I have the energy to inspire! 🙂 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, abacab said:

That file is not available in the standard Platinum installers as far as I can see. I presumably installed them into a folder in my local drive years ago, but have no clue to a source link for them.

Yeah... I’ve got X1 up installed here with all their bells and whistles. The only things I didn’t install are loops and demo songs as I rarely use them. I’m not really fond of the popular synth style with huge libraries of all kinds of crazy stuff. I don’t have the patience as the music in my head usually demands more immediate responses. I basically use minimoog, arp2600, oberheim 8 voice, memorymoog,etc . I haven’t been doing anything cinematic in a long time so long ambiences are not often needed/used.

Same with these IR's... I’ve now got far more than I have the patience to sample through when looking for a reverb/room so I’m bound to randomly pick a few that I will use by default...

26 minutes ago, Keni said:

Same with these IR's... I’ve now got far more than I have the patience to sample through when looking for a reverb/room so I’m bound to randomly pick a few that I will use by default...

Just to make your problem even worse, have you taken a look at the free Melda MConvolutionEZ yet? https://www.meldaproduction.com/MConvolutionEZ

A nice tidy collection of IRs, with rooms and spaces neatly organized in a browser. You can also open your own custom IR folders directly in the Melda browser. The free version is basically a preset machine, with basic controls for dry/wet, widening, hi/lo pass filtering, and pre-delay.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I remember Perfect Space.  In fact, I used it for some experimental textural things way back when.

I just check some old folders and I have a Perfect Space folder with a bunch of subfolders:

• Perfect Space
    • Acoustic Guitar
    • Acousticas
    • Bass Amps
    • cRaZy
    • Digital 300
    • Guitar Amps
    • Kicks and Snare
    • Plates
    • Real Spaces
    • Springs
    • Synthesized
    • The Great Outdoors
    • You-1 Piano

Each seems to have subfolders and tons of IRs as *.wav files. Properties for the Perfect Space folder says: 427 MB, 423 Files, 70 Folder.  Like everyone else, I have no need/desire/patience to check all of those out.

If anyone wants to create a Perfect Space Device for MConvolutionEZ or MB, I'd be willing to give it a test drive.

• Hmmmm.  Eazy-Peazy to preview in MConvolutionMB (or MConvolutionEZ):
    • Choose Custom Path
    • Navigate to Perfect Space Folder
    • Choose an IR
    • Save it as a Global Preset 
      • facilitates return to the Perfect Space custom path

Thanks for all the comments that led me to try Perfect Space IRs within MConvolutionMB!

Edited by User 905133
added "(or MConvolutionEZ) in the Eazy-Peazy section
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I remember Perfect Space.  In fact, I used it for some experimental textural things way back when.

I just check some old folders and I have a Perfect Space folder with a bunch of subfolders

I have Perfect Space installed (as a 32-bit VST) but seem to have lost track of the content here. When I have some time I may try to recover the folders from the Sonar installer.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I have Perfect Space installed (as a 32-bit VST) but seem to have lost track of the content here. When I have some time I may try to recover the folders from the Sonar installer.

Selectively reinstalled Perfect Space from my old Sonar 8 install disk to recover the IR folders. These work great in MConvolutionEZ. :)

They defaulted to the path: "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Perfect Space". So if you are looking for them, check here.

• Acoustic Guitar
  • Acousticas
  • Bass Amps
  • cRaZy
  • Digital 300
  • Guitar Amps
  • Kicks and Snare
  • Plates
  • Real Spaces
  • Springs
  • Synthesized
  • The Great Outdoors
  • You-1 Piano

I must have cleaned them out a while back when I uninstalled all of my old versions of Sonar, except for Platinum.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

They defaulted to the path: "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Perfect Space". 

This agrees with the location where I found mine:

• Seagate Backup Plus HDD [External HDD from about 5 years ago]
    •  HDDs [Folder where I backed up contents of PC HDDs]
      • AudioPC002 [64-bit Windows PC]
        • 400GB [the original internal HDD aka the C:\ drive]
          • Program Files [64-bit programs]
            • Cakewalk
              • Vstplugins
                • Perfect Space

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Just to make your problem even worse, have you taken a look at the free Melda MConvolutionEZ yet? https://www.meldaproduction.com/MConvolutionEZ

A nice tidy collection of IRs, with rooms and spaces neatly organized in a browser. You can also open your own custom IR folders directly in the Melda browser. The free version is basically a preset machine, with basic controls for dry/wet, widening, hi/lo pass filtering, and pre-delay.

Ha!

Ok. I’ll give it a look asap. Right now the diffusion of my reverb is nearing ultimate chaos distribution...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, shawker said:

Izotope Trash 2 has about 400 IRs if you happen to have it.

Those appear to be mainly microphone IRs. Sound a bit odd when loaded into a convolution reverb, but that might be sound design material for some! ;)