"Bullet Train to Monaco", a new single

bats brew

this is an instrumental rock song, the First of a 3-song trilogy, inspired by Formula One racing... imagine a racing fan boarding the bullet train in paris, to cruise all the way to Nice Ville, grabbing a quick bus to Monaco, to witness the Monaco Grand Prix! you can't really take a bullet train all the way to Monaco, but if you could!! this song.

i posted a demo of this when i first recorded it,
this is the final version, released as a single, or part of a 3-song 'trilogy'.

if you'd like a copy, you can get it here:

https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/track/bullet-train-to-monaco

Edited by batsbrew
  • Like 1

So I'm not the only one around here who fantasizes about attending the Monaco Grand Prix. Nice.

I checked out maybe going to the Vegas GP this year, but it sold out of its (expensive!) tickets pretty quickly.

I'm working on a song called "Grand Prix Weekend" that has a little tribute to Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Girls." I have a sample of David Croft saying "Lando Norris goes 'round the outside!" (round the outside, round the outside).

11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

So I'm not the only one around here who fantasizes about attending the Monaco Grand Prix. Nice.

I checked out maybe going to the Vegas GP this year, but it sold out of its (expensive!) tickets pretty quickly.

I'm working on a song called "Grand Prix Weekend" that has a little tribute to Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Girls." I have a sample of David Croft saying "Lando Norris goes 'round the outside!" (round the outside, round the outside).

yea, i don't think i'll get to make the trip to monaco any time soon!!

i'll live it, vicariously. thru netflix 'drive to survive'

LOL

On 4/20/2023 at 10:45 PM, Larry T. said:

Pretty hot. Cooks from start to finish. Mix is fine. Nice transition around 2:30🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks Larry!

Yea, the pulling into a station to pick up more folk. Then cranking back up to speed, I tried to put the cabin noise, people talking, just the idea of it

On 4/21/2023 at 3:59 AM, daryl1968 said:

super cool Bats. Hope you are well mate.

I had the great pleasure of driving round the Monaco circuit while working for Lexus many moons ago. It was surreal

Hi daryl!

That circuit trip sounds like a super fun thing to do,

The song was fun to track with the imagery I had in mind

I've gotten to the place where I can quickly get my ideas recorded,

And be happy with it!

The gear is all dialed in,

The amps, mics, guitars, bass, I've finally gotten it all where I want it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Joe Satriani comes to mind. The driving beats impart a sense of speed and certainly captures the theme.  Everything  working together like a racing engine as the song takes one around the sonic race track. Good one!

hi ear candy!

thanks for listening, with the intent of the song...

satch is always going to trigger a comparison,

just cuz he's been making fast hard rock sounding instrumentals forever, it seems...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 11:32 AM, bats brew said:

this is an instrumental rock song, the First of a 3-song trilogy, inspired by Formula One racing... imagine a racing fan boarding the bullet train in paris, to cruise all the way to Nice Ville, grabbing a quick bus to Monaco, to witness the Monaco Grand Prix! you can't really take a bullet train all the way to Monaco, but if you could!! this song.

i posted a demo of this when i first recorded it,
this is the final version, released as a single, or part of a 3-song 'trilogy'.

if you'd like a copy, you can get it here:

https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/track/bullet-train-to-monaco

Wow, really smokin’ track. Well executed, both production and performance. Congrats!! 

On 5/30/2023 at 2:01 PM, markno999 said:

Bat-  Super high-octane track and well played.      You have definitely captured the excitement of F1 racing in your trilogy.     Huge props.

Regards

wow, thanks markno999!

playing thru the Strymon Iridium, just makes the process so much less 'engineery' and more musicy.

if you know what i mean.

so the playing just becomes more easy to get to, and then i'm just trying to find that vibe.

watching these grand prix races kinda jacks me up, and playing after watching one, well, this is the end result.