Hello? Are you still working on Cakewalk?

Holger

Hi, 

just wondering, is Cakewalk still under development? Are you guys still working on it? 

It's silent and while normally we would see a new version every 3 months now there is nothing new since 5+ months and no early access. 

• Meh 1

One of the devs posted a day or so back that the new update is coming very soon. Usually when things take a while like this it means that there's some big change or feature that's taking a while to bake. But it sounds like it's not far off. :) 

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Holger said:

Hi, 

just wondering, is Cakewalk still under development? Are you guys still working on it? 

It's silent and while normally we would see a new version every 3 months now there is nothing new since 5+ months and no early access.

Holger, I perfectly understand you!

Updates are constant and predictable in the all DAWs, but here is a silence.

But let me clarify, what do you really need? What do you lack for creativity and inspiration? Next update? New interface? Some cool plugins?

I would like to share my experience.

I also sometimes catch myself thinking that I want something totally new 😂 And I also think that new cool monitors or a top midi keyboard will help me.
At times like these, I ask myself:
- When I worked with the 6th or 7th version of Cakewalk Sonar about 15 years ago, did I need updates?
- All this abundance of plug-ins and synthesizers - do I really need it?
- Any super-new features of Cakewalk or any other DAW - will help me write a musical masterpiece?

My intuition tells me "no".

Edited by Asato Maa
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Asato Maa said:

Holger, I perfectly understand you!

Updates are constant and predictable in all DAWs, but here is silence.

But let me clarify, what do you really need? What do you lack for creativity and inspiration? Next update? New interface? Some cool plugins?

I would like to share my experience.

I also sometimes catch myself thinking that I want something totally new 😂 And I also think that new cool monitors or a top midi keyboard will help me.
At times like these, I ask myself:
- When I worked at the 6th or 7th version of Cakewalk Sonar about 15 years ago, did I need updates?
- All this abundance of plug-ins and synthesizers - do I really need it?
- Any super-new features of Cakewalk or any other DAW - will help me write a musical masterpiece?

My intuition tells me "no".

New toys can be inspiring too - but I agree cakewalk is already amazing. There's some things I would like to see, but really it's already great. Anything not quite right - there is always another way to approach it & these things are really just minor not major & they do not diminish the end result. Still maybe they will find some way to augment the experiance.

Edited by rfssongs
  • Like 2

Patience.

Unlike paid DAWs, this one's driven by engineering, not the marketing department. That means there is no clueless bean counter demanding that a new release must happen on X date whether it's fully cooked or not. This is the Cakewalk we knew decades ago, when cool features such as slip edits and automatic crossfades were the kinds of things that got everybody excited.

• Like 3

Good folks! 

PLZ don't misunderstand my point. 

I don't need new toys and I agree Cakewalk is great. 

Though There are things that could get an update.  Mainly all the things that have to do with Quantisation of audio! 

I think the way Cakewalk handle it is outdated to hell. 

Same with chord and key detection, chord track... you name it. 🙂

The World is turning fast and if you look at the small brother of Cakewalk, Bandlab, you will see things like "Splitter", a very nice tool. 

Btw. I'm a singer/ Songwriter in the line of Tom Petty, Springsteen, classic Rock. I am not an electronic nerd. 😉