XLN RC-20 Retro Color Flash Sale

cclarry

This is a really cool effects plugin. I'm glad I own it, but I know that I've seen much better sales prices (with the included $19 being an all time low,  so who knows if it will go that low again). So my guess is, if you're patient,  there's probably a better deal than this sale that will come along. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Plugin Boutique had it for $19 last year. Should have jumped then! 🙄

The sales listed at this link are no longer active (expired). This is just historical info...

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/price-history/rc-20-retro-color-by-xln-audio/

This was one of the few plugins that I broke my rule of only buying VST3 plugins these days, but I did contact them and they were planning on making them VST3, so it was worth the punt they would deliver at that price and I pulled the trigger.

I actually really like this plugin, so I'm glad that I did.

Even at $30 or $40 I'd say it's a good buy, so whether it gets to $19 again (in most cases if a plugin hits a sale price, it will again, sooner or later) or it gets anywhere near there, I'd recommend picking it up anyway.

It is VST3 now too 🙂

• Like 2

With all the dialog samples I like to use in my 90's ambient-influenced stuff, I jumped at $19 (at least I think it was that low, in any case whatever I did pay, it was worth it and helped me finish a song faster).

It's a relatively easy one to wait for, it's really a collection of FX in one integrated GUI. Anybody reading this, can, I'm sure, duplicate what it does with a handful of freeware plug-ins and samples. But if you regularly have the need to turn pristine audio into distressed audio, it's the best tool I've tried (although I've not yet tried LO-FI AF). It's nice to have all the processors in one place.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

It's a relatively easy one to wait for, it's really a collection of FX in one integrated GUI. Anybody reading this, can, I'm sure, duplicate what it does with a handful of freeware plug-ins and samples. But if you regularly have the need to turn pristine audio into distressed audio, it's the best tool I've tried (although I've not yet tried LO-FI AF). It's nice to have all the processors in one place.

I passed on it a few times thinking I could duplicate that with a few things on hand. But the demo seems like a nice one-stop-shop!

Be nice to grab at the next sale! :)

• Like 2