I guess I have been watching too many Rocky Movies

kennywtelejazz

I basically grew up in a roller rink, then ended up working at one for four years...  During the time I worked there we had to play the Time Warp as one of the interludes during every session.  Then, at the end of the night, a lot of us would go to one of the late theaters that was playing the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Some brought props (like bread), but we all did the interaction parts ("Hey Riff Raff!  Is that a banana on your head or are you just glad to see us???").

*Sigh...* 🙄

• Like 1

Listen Kid tonight is your night! & this is your thread ! Get in there now and knock that other Rocky bum out ...Sheesh what a horror show that other guy is 😒

Einstiegsbild_ce_rocky_p050.jpg

14 hours ago, craigb said:

I basically grew up in a roller rink, then ended up working at one for four years...  During the time I worked there we had to play the Time Warp as one of the interludes during every session.  Then, at the end of the night, a lot of us would go to one of the late theaters that was playing the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Some brought props (like bread), but we all did the interaction parts ("Hey Riff Raff!  Is that a banana on your head or are you just glad to see us???").

*Sigh...* 🙄

Craigb ,  thank you for sending your information  . Human Resources has received your updated  resume and we plan on adding it to your file real soon in the near future .😉

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Bapu said:

I'm a teeny tiny bit ashamed to say I've never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've seen clips but never the movie.

My dear long lost slightly older but not too much and still cool AF brother from another mother and another country!

In 2020, I finally had the opprotunity to start catching up a little with my generation, but Rocky Horror is still on the unwatched list. I also caught up with the Marvel Universe, although I'm not sure that's a good thing. 

Honestly, I'm not sure I'll have time for Rocky Horror it in this life. 

When I'd tell them I'd never seen Breakfast Club, or the Goonies, or Back to the Future, or Rocky Horror, or Alien, or whatever people my age consider classic, they'd look at me as if I'd walked right out of an Amish community.

But then alot of them have never seen Chaplin's Gold Rush, or Keaton's The General, or even Browning's  Dracula.

Or read a book, for that matter...

When people get a little too  excited because I've not seen Rocky Horror, I tell them that I've never seen Clockwork Orange either. Then they ask why, and I say it's because I hated 2001. Which is actually very true. 

They leave me alone...

(No they don't - they want to argue. But I ignore them and it's their fault, so essentially it's the same).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2023 at 8:52 AM, Bapu said:

I'm a teeny tiny bit ashamed to say I've never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've seen clips but never the movie.

I'm with you on not having seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show and I'm not gonna loos any sleep over it either .

I'm ashamed too admit this but I will .  I auditioned VIA The William Morris Agency back n the day for new Artist called Meatloaf .

As my luck would have it I didn't stand a chance . I don't think my look was what they were looking for ...

Last I heard my resume wound up finding  a good use at the bottom of the cage full of Parakeets ...

Kenny

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

rhps was quite a thing in its day, worth a watch

It was an important way for "freaks" to connect and bond back in what was a dark time for being unusual. For my generation (that would be Jones, 1955-65), it was one of the last vestiges of 70's-style liberation when the buttoned-down 80's crept in.

Nowadays it's so much easier for like-minded people to connect, which is great.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, Bapu said:

I am always ribbing the wife for a movie she hasn't seen. 

Well, when she found out I had never seen RHPS, and I had never been to a midnight showing with all the props and stuff, she just wouldn't let it go. I thought she had lost her mind. 

Then we went to see a production at the local theater and I could not believe the audience interaction.  I never seen anything like that in my life!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, craigb said:

all the other stuff

That's what blew my mind.

Here I am a 58-62 year old, hippie,  pothead, hard rock/metal head, just going see RHPS for the first time in my life at a live production! Everyone there was diehard RHPS fans and veterans of the midnight shows.

When my wife gave me "my" bag of "stuff" I asked her "WTF am I going to do with this?" She told me just trust her, that I was going to have fun.

I could not believe all the interaction of the audience. And here I was,  going all along with it! 

And yes I had a great time. Would do it again.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Here I am a 58-62 year old, hippie...

So...  You're -4 ? 🤔

(Out here I like to steal the local stupidity and tell people I identify as a 33 year-old!  What are they going to do, tell me I can't be something I'm not?  🤣🤣🤣)

😜

• Haha 1