Native Acces updated to 3.2.1

asprog

Hotfix that contains a blocker for 3.3.0. This hotfix marks the last stable compatible version for users on Mac OS 10.14. This release will block users from auto-updating NA2 when on an incompatible OS, and allowing users who cannot run later versions of Reaktor or Kontakt to install their content products without being required to install Kontakt or Reaktor.

ADDED / IMPROVED

Disable auto update for users on incompatible OSes

Allow users to install content products without also downloading Kontakt/Reaktor if the latest version of either is not installed

Edited by asprog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

there are 2 versions currently supported

V1.14.1 - which is the last version of the V1 - no future development

V2 - which is rather oddly V3.21 - NI made a mess of the version numbers and seem to be sticking with it.

3 minutes ago, simon said:

there are 2 versions currently supported

V1.14.1 - which is the last version of the V1 - no future development

V2 - which is rather oddly V3.21 - NI made a mess of the version numbers and seem to be sticking with it.

I just figured that out and installed v2. I guess that I expected Native Access to inform me of new versions like all of the other app managers. Not so for this major upgrade. Live and learn.

And...never mind. 😄

11 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I just figured that out and installed v2. I guess that I expected Native Access to inform me of new versions like all of the other app managers. Not so for this major upgrade. Live and learn.

unfortunately it's more complicated than that 

V2 (actually V3!) is causing issues for some users so they are rolling it out in small batches.   They claim 650k users have switched but still quite a few to go - that gives an idea how many NI customers there are.

There's a post on the NI forum about it all.

FWIW I'm still on V1 too 

Edited by simon

57 minutes ago, John Maar said:

And...never mind. 😄

They haven't pushed NA2 out to all NA1 users yet. It's still opt-in by manually downloading the new version.

The reason is that there are apparently a small group of users with incompatibility issues with NA2, so NI are not forcing a migration just yet.

18 hours ago, simon said:

unfortunately it's more complicated than that 

V2 (actually V3!) is causing issues for some users so they are rolling it out in small batches.   They claim 650k users have switched but still quite a few to go - that gives an idea how many NI customers there are.

There's a post on the NI forum about it all.

FWIW I'm still on V1 too 

That shows you how much (little) attention I pay to plugin download managers.

• Like 1

I totally forgot that I'd tried v2 back when it was first made available, didn't like it and rolled back to v1. Like John, I was confused that there is no "check for updates" feature in v1. 

Well, now due to fomo I'm at v2/3 and it still fails to update some products, just like v1 did.

For example, it tells me Apocalypse Percussion Micro needs an update, but the update fails because it thinks I don't have Kontakt 7 installed:

ape.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bitflipper said:

For example, it tells me Apocalypse Percussion Micro needs an update, but the update fails because it thinks I don't have Kontakt 7 installed:

Just a guess, but could it be that the latest update uses features in 7? Seems fairly strange considering it's a relatively old library.

Edit: Never mind - I misread your post and didn't realise you already have 7 installed

Edited by antler

2 minutes ago, antler said:

Just a guess, but could it be that the latest update uses features in 7? Seems fairly strange considering it's a relatively old library.

yep - odd.  I'm not sure where NA keeps it's database of what's installed but it's possible that it's got a bit corrupted moving backwards and forwards between v1/v2 ?

so i tried to install native access black V2  3.2.2 and found 2 main issue and had to reinstall back white V1

- missing half of my NI products (V2 was showing just 112 instead of over 215 installed with V1)

-extremely looong time to load native access V2  (like 5-15 minutes) just to open application

so i am not suprised why V1 users were not forced to update to V2 its sooo buggy

2 hours ago, antler said:

Running a dependency check would be a great convenience, but afaik this installer does not do that. And yes, APE definitely predates Kontakt 7 by years.

Either way, it's wrong because I do in fact have Kontakt 7 installed.

I was able to get the update to complete by running Native Access as Administrator. However, NA is still insisting that there is an update for APE. Screw it, APE still works fine. I'm not going to bother trying to update it. But clearly, NA still has a way to go before it can be trusted.