kHs ONE Forever FREE

satya

kHs ONE

kHs ONE has been discontinued and is no longer available through the regular Kilohearts Installer. A stand-alone installer for the very last version of kHs ONE is available below. Please note that kHs ONE is not available in the VST3 format.

https://kilohearts.com/files/installer/install_kHs_one_win.exe

https://kilohearts.com/files/installer/install_kHs_one_mac.pkg

• Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

I bought it a while back and wasn't very impressed with it and never used it in anything. I've seen a lot of people here have great things to say about Phase Plant, but I have so many synths at this point that I haven't picked it up.  

Edited by PavlovsCat

10 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Yea we r preety used to fancy things now . Simple things scare us unless it is a sampler

Simplicity scaring us? I don't think that's the problem. I have a bunch of synths and samples of analog synths that are simple. Simple can be beautiful.

I found that kHs One didn't bring anything very different and sonically appealing to me from other virtual analogue synths I already own. However, there's a huge caveat for others when I share my opinion on this and any synth, I'm really only judging it by presets, so someone who creates their own patches from scratch may have a completely different opinion. Of course,  everything is subject to personal tastes. 

Funny, back in the day, with hardware synths, I actually did create my own patches. But not these days. I leave it to people with a lot more talent at it than me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

https://kilohearts.com/docs/download_and_installation#khs_one

This is a basic subtractive polyphonic synth with few bells and whistles and few FX. Not sure what anybody was expecting. It was discontinued and is now free, so it is what it is. Probably useful for studying subtractive synth programming from init with few distractions.

I have Phase Plant, which is a much bigger animal by a few orders of magnitude! Much more complex due to its semi-modular architecture, but creative efforts are quickly rewarded. Big fun to work with! :)

Edited by abacab

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Simplicity scaring us? I don't think that's the problem. I have a bunch of sythns and samples of analog synths that are simple. Simple can be beautiful.

I found that kHs One didn't bring anything very different and sonically appealing to me from other virtual analogue synths I already own. However, there's a huge caveat for others when I share my opinion on this and any synth, I'm really only judging it by presets, so someone who creates their own patches from scratch may have a completely different opinion. Of course,  everything is subject to personal tastes. 

Funny, back in the day, with hardware synths, I actually did create my own patches. But not these days. I leave it to people with a lot more talent at it than me. 

That's how most synths are judged. See Sylenth, Spire, Serum, plus the amound of 3rd party presets out there.

5 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I got this a couple of years ago. It's decent but definitely in the "not a major upgrade of stock synth" category. If I wanted a free upgrade over stock synths, Vital and Surge are better options. This, is however very simple if that is the goal.

I love Vital and Surge (in that order). In fact  I like them better than most of my paid synths, especially Vital. That is one great synth, IMO. 

• Like 2

Chalk me up as a fan. I used it on my last production. I don't really know much about synths.  I scrolled through the presets and found some that worked great. I think I used it on 3 tracks. The simplicity worked great for me. And I bought in before almost everything went FREE.  🙂

Edited by mibby
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, mibby said:

Chalk me up as a fan. I used it on my last production. I don't really know much about synths.  I scrolled through the presets and found some that worked great. I think I used it on 3 tracks. The simplicity worked great for me. And I bought in before almost everything went FREE.  🙂

I've had some fun with this one too and you can actually get some OK sounds from it. I can't recall what the presets were like, but for synth-bass the tone isn't too bad :)

I am glad they released a separate installer though. I had to keep the VST2 versions of everything else installed just to be able to have it on my system. Just did the update of my Kilohearts, removed VST2 as an option and happy days :)

• Like 1