Update: NI - FM8 - VST3 support

Frank

I updated some NI synths on one of my PCs a few days ago and AV kicked up a red flag.  So maybe 1.4.6 also fixes what I assumed was a false positive.  I agree with Promidi--would be nice to have a scalable interface.  But if we now have vst3, maybe scaling is in the works! 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Like 2

If you have a previous version of Komplete that includes a license for Absynth (a great old synth), don't lose it. It is no longer included in Komplete from v14. NI parted ways with the dev after 20+ years (not the dev's choice). Too bad. I hadn't installed Absynth on my new DAW, but went ahead when I heard the news.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:55 PM, Lemar Sain said:

This is good news. FM8 (if I'm remembering correctly,) was one of those Instruments in the list to be discontinued a couple years back before users rebelled in mass. Good thing to see they're still developing it  somewhat.  Absynth  wasn't  so lucky. 

That's sad..

I have Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 8.

I still use Absynth.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

Hmm ... I have 1.4.4 installed and Native Access is telling me that there are no updates available.  That and everything in my account that was not installed (apart from Arcane) has disappeared. It's all still there in my account at NI.

Perhaps it's time for me to update Native Access - I'm still on 1.14.1

22 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Hmm ... I have 1.4.4 installed and Native Access is telling me that there are no updates available.  That and everything in my account that was not installed (apart from Arcane) has disappeared. It's all still there in my account at NI.

Perhaps it's time for me to update Native Access - I'm still on 1.14.1

My Windows 1.14.1 NA has the FM8 1.4.6 update...

I have NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition and my all of my uninstalled stuff still shows as uninstalled and available.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wibbles said:

Hmm ... I have 1.4.4 installed and Native Access is telling me that there are no updates available.  .....

....Perhaps it's time for me to update Native Access - I'm still on 1.14.1

I was also on NI1.4 and FM8 still showed 1.4.4

I bit the bullet and succumbed to NI3.01.  Then all updates showed (Massive X had one as well)

I did configure the NTKDaemonService service to only start when NI starts (and stops it when NI is exited)

(Used AutoHotKey for this)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wibbles said:

23 hours ago, TheSteven said:

My Windows 1.14.1 NA has the FM8 1.4.6 update...

I logged in to Native Access today and everything is now showing up, including the FM8 update. :)

• Like 1