Pettinhouse BF

Brian Lawler

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Another great little dev indeed. And very supportive indeed, Andrea Pettinao. 

See despite what you folks may have seen today there are Italian developers I have great relationships with! And we're connected as friends on Facebook and he's never even blocked me! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was just looking for this developer the other day and couldn't remember the name. I regrettably bought some instruments off eBay when I first started this journey, thinking I got a good deal but didn't realize they were cracked.  Didn't take me long to realize and I deleted all of the instruments I had purchased once I did.  Anyway, there were some guitars from Pettinhouse included and I've always meant to go back and purchase them legitimately. 

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I loooooooooove Italy. 

In person I make tons of jokes about my Italian heritage, largely because I grew up in a place where they absolutely hated Italians and a bunch of other groups. When I was a teenager I hung out with the neice of the original lead singer of Chicago, Peter Cetera. If you met her you'd immediately be able to tell they're related. I remember she had a party at her grandparents house. They refused to let me in and asked me "are you an Italian or a Mexican?" I chose the former. The grandmother said they didn't like either and doesn't let them in her house. My friend overheard the conversation told her grandmother to let me on in. The grandfather added that they'd let me in if I promised never to date their granddaughter. I agreed and the party was on! Good times. That was pretty much life in my Chicago neighborhood. 

That's music related,  right? Because of Peter Cetera. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The grandmother said they didn't like either and doesn't let them in her house. My friend overheard the conversation told her grandmother to let me on in. The grandfather added that they'd let me in if I promised never to date their granddaughter. I agreed and the party was on! Good times. That was pretty much life in my Chicago neighborhood. 

That's music related,  right? Because of Peter Cetera. 

Okay tell the true now. Did you date her?

I dropped off co-workers who were Mexicans close to there neighborhood because it wasn't safe for me or the girls to be seen with a Polish dude in the '80's 

You gotta love Chicagoland where you can drive a few miles and enter a whole new "Country"   😆

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Okay tell the true now. Did you date her?

I dropped off co-workers who were Mexicans close to there neighborhood because it wasn't safe for me or the girls to be seen with a Polish dude in the '80's 

You gotta love Chicagoland where you can drive a few miles and enter a whole new "Country"   😆

I didn't date her. I didn't stand a chance. She liked my much better looking friend,  who was also Polish-American. The weird thing? She looked like a female Peter Cetera and she was beautiful and that might have been weird. I swear I don't have a thing for Peter Cetera except that I love early Chicago (60s/70s) with Terry Kath. And one of his cousins was college pal of my wife. But other than that no direct connections to a band named after my hometown. InstraEd what part of Chicago are you from. Maybe tell me with clued and I can tell you what part! Chicago has huge Polish and Irish populations. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Where most of the DP's who lost their land from the Russian invasion landed up in the great windy city. 
My dad came over from England with one of his sisters to make a new life.  Refused to go back to Poland as long as it was communist run.   For history anyone interested, the book "The Mass Deportation of Poles to Siberia" is a very telling book .
A Historical Narrative Base on the Written Testimony of the Polish Siberian Survivors.  My Aunt wrote one of the short stories about the ordeal.  My dad couldn't talk about it until he was in his 70's because when he tried to tell me about it he would have night terrors. 

Anyway back to Chicago I love the horns  :D

• Like 3

When I was in my teens through early 20s I played in several working bands and one of them was formed by these three school music directors who played together in their college jazz band. It was the first time playing with a horn section and I loved it (I played drums professionally,  but piano is my first instrument). We primarily played Chicago covers. It was a blast. I think we did some EWF too.  All super fun to play. Again,  I loved Terry Kath's guitar work. @cclarry , our resident guitarist, you and I seem to like a lot of the same rock music and guitarists.  How about Terry Kath? I thought he was brilliant at times. 25 or 6 to 4 is a masterpiece of lead guitar playing IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2