Toontrack Phase 2 - Select EZmix Products

cclarry

49 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

hmm... do i need/want EZMix2 ? It is looking like a big expandable IKM Lurrsen type thing.

I have been seeing it since it's release many years ago. I have heard excellent results from it's use.

But since it's release I have acquired many IK products that I can use and I also have Izotope Music Production suite so I think I will pass on this, again. 

I just don't want to get into yet another "environment" I will have to learn and spend on.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 3

I was never convinced by EzMix, but I got it on a really low price offer some time ago during a weak moment. I don't have many add on packs for it but, of those I do have, there are some nice presets for guitar and vocals that I use quite often.

Very simple UI, so a doddle to learn.

However if you know what you're doing and already have an established set of plugins and workflow for mixing and mastering, I'm not sure it will add much value to your setup.

Andy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

hmm... do i need/want EZMix2 ? It is looking like a big expandable IKM Lurrsen type thing.

I bought it during a sale long ago, but I have not used it for a long time.  I would equate it to the UJAM Finisher series, if you are familiar with those.  They give you  pre-built racks of effects "behind the curtain" with a few macro knobs to "keep it EZ".  I just tend to use separate EQ, compression, exciters, etc these days.  I recall EZ Mix being more subtle versus the Finisher "Special FX" approach, so I do still pull out Finisher if I am looking for something weird.

• Like 1