8Dio Blackbird Drum Kit Library for KONTAKT $20 USD - REG $248 USD

PavlovsCat

Advanced Drum Series Blackbird Kit - $20 (PM me if you've never bought from 8Dio before and want a code for a $15USD  discount to make this $5 USD; new 8Dio customers only) - REG $248 USD

Deep-Sampled Drum Kit w/ Flow Note Technology

10 Microphone Positions

37,500 Samples / 6GB (compressed from 20GB)

10 Microphone Positions and superb mixing controls

Custom Flow-Note Tech for realistic drumming

6 Velocity Layers / 10 Round Robin

Intuitive and Flexible UI

Built-in FX (Spread, EQ, Comp, LOFI & Compression)

35,000+ lines of code and highly intuitive mixing tools

Delivered by Download

Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required

https://8dio.com/products/advanced-drum-series-blackbird-vst-au-aax-kontakt-instrument

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 2

Just now, daveiv said:

Gotcha.

How 8dio Advanced Drum Series compare to, for example, XLN Addictive Drums 2 from the same era?

Obviously not as many functions, as it's a Kontakt (Full) Library, but still quite useful...especially at the $5 price LOL!

• Thanks 1

I assume they will be releasing more new versions of their old libraries on SoundPaint and that's why all these are so cheap.

(SoundPaint 2.0 which has polyphonic legato should be released in a couple of weeks.)

1 hour ago, BTP said:

I assume they will be releasing more new versions of their old libraries on SoundPaint and that's why all these are so cheap.

(SoundPaint 2.0 which has polyphonic legato should be released in a couple of weeks.)

Soundpaint is a waste IMO....the disk space alone makes it an unviable candidate, especially compared to Kontakt,
but that is just my opinion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daveiv said:

Gotcha.

How 8dio Advanced Drum Series compare to, for example, XLN Addictive Drums 2 from the same era?

I haven't installed 8Dio's drum library yet, but AD2 is a vastly superior choice (no pun intended) to 8Dio drum libraries in terms of the ability to swap drums and cymbals,  to edit drums  and cymbals and to put effects on drums and cymbals. AD2 is also well configured if you use electronic drums as your MIDI controller. 

I own AD2, Superior Drummer and I still bought this library and I still buy KONTAKT drum libraries. Why? Well,  I was a drummer, so I am love with drums. It's because this developer's approach,  their sound is different than my other kits. You play guitar,  right? It's the same reason a guitarist  that does a lot of session work keeps a variety of guitars, because it allows the guitarist to select the right guitar for the song.  A Les Paul might be perfect for one song and a Strat is perfect for another. 

Also,  like everyone else here, I'm a sample library hoarder. ;)

Edited by PavlovsCat

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I haven't installed 8Dio's drum library yet, but AD2 is a vastly superior choice (no pun intended) to 8Dio drum libraries in terms of the ability to swap drums and cymbals,  to edit drums  and cymbals and to put effects on drums and cymbals. AD2 is also well configured if you use electronic drums as your MIDI controller. 

I own AD2, Superior Drummer and I still bought this library and I still buy KONTAKT drum libraries. Why? Well,  I was a drummer, so I am love with drums. It's because this developer's approach,  their sound is different than my other kits. You play guitar,  right? It's the same reason a guitarist  that does a lot of session work keeps a variety of guitars, because it allows the guitarist to select the right guitar for the song.  A Les Paul might be perfect for one song and a Strat is perfect for another. 

Also,  like everyone else here, I'm a sample library hoarder. ;)

Hehe, I'm actually looking into these 8dio drum libraries as a part of my scaling down plan.

All the other drum libraries I own are iLok-bound. While I never had any problems with iLok, I don't always want to be cloud-connected.

7 minutes ago, daveiv said:

Hehe, I'm actually looking into these 8dio drum libraries as a part of my scaling down plan.

All the other drum libraries I own are iLok-bound. While I never had any problems with iLok, I don't always want to be cloud-connected.

I should add, if I were scaling down and money were no option,  I would exclusively stick with Superior Drummer and Toontrack libraries,  because I don't think any developer does a better job sampling drums in terms of sound quality/layers/round robins/drum and cymbal selection/drum tuning. But they're also A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than the alternatives. Consequently,  AD2 would be my second choice if I were trying to limit my acquisitions of drum libraries. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 6:38 PM, PavlovsCat said:

I should add, if I were scaling down and money were no option,  I would exclusively stick with Superior Drummer and Toontrack libraries,  because I don't think any developer does a better job sampling drums in terms of sound quality/layers/round robins/drum and cymbal selection/drum tuning. But they're also A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than the alternatives. Consequently,  AD2 would be my second choice if I were trying to limit my acquisitions of drum libraries. 

Didn't Modo Drums leave all the sample-based drum libraries in the dust, as it was supposed to?