FREE! Very nice Wurli electric piano library for the FREE Decent Sampler.

PavlovsCat

3 minutes ago, Keni said:

I guess I can checkout the sfz format. Painful though it is, sfz is editable. I’ll look tomorrow as I’m too burnt today.

Sorry, it appears that this author only released this in Decent Sampler format, not SFZ. No options...

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

Sorry, it appears that this author only released this in Decent Sampler format, not SFZ. No options...

Oh well. I guess this won’t get used much by me. I could work with a different instrument and replace/freeze after all editing, but usually by then I’m locked into a working sound.

We'll see..

Thanks for the ideas and help...

23 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Broken Wurli by Soniccouture compares very well on sound (but not on price).

The "Broken" in the name would make me steer clear of that one. Clearly an unfortunate marketing strategy... 🙄

Like I got "Shipwreck Pianos" in a IKM Group Buy. Don't think I would have bought that one. It's interesting, but not your everyday pianos...

Edited by abacab

22 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

What are those? Did they sample a piano and what it would sound like when the band kept playing as the Titanic sunk? 

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stshipwreckpiano/?pkey=sampletank-sounds-cinekinetik-shipwreck-piano

"Shipwreck Piano is an audiophile-grade SampleTank instrument library that puts you behind an antique cinematic upright piano with vibey, atmospheric reverbs recorded from several rare and vintage digital hardware units you can also use on any audio track. It includes over 3 GB of sample content and 33 SampleTank 4 instrument presets designed to add character and mood to any composition or soundtrack."

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The "Broken" in the name would make me steer clear of that one. Clearly an unfortunate marketing strategy... 🙄

Like I got "Shipwreck Pianos" in a IKM Group Buy. Don't think I would have bought that one. It's interesting, but not your everyday pianos...

road warrior character - sounds authentic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stshipwreckpiano/?pkey=sampletank-sounds-cinekinetik-shipwreck-piano

"Shipwreck Piano is an audiophile-grade SampleTank instrument library that puts you behind an antique cinematic upright piano with vibey, atmospheric reverbs recorded from several rare and vintage digital hardware units you can also use on any audio track. It includes over 3 GB of sample content and 33 SampleTank 4 instrument presets designed to add character and mood to any composition or soundtrack."

Is there any way to get a discount on it? I don't think that BOGO offer applies

Man, the tangents we go on in this group. If any of us made a criticism,  it would be so easy to find an incriminating screenshot pointing out the hypocrisy! I know I'm definitely going to be one of the last people to say anything, but holy cow... 😅 

Thanks abacab now I need shipwreck pianos after hearing the demo, and I already just spent $250 on that XLN deal. And I almost thought I had to score that Waves A200 wurli or whatever it is, but turns out I must've bought it a long time ago. The trainwreck piano is a kind of stuff I like, a piano sound with a background sound attached to it. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Keni said:

I agree. Glad I could help even in this manner. I wonder if/how I might load the samples into a different sampler? This issue is specific to Decent at the moment.

If I could load it into Vsampler, I might even be able to edit F#4 individually (Vsampler has full editing)

Maybe the converter mentioned in this KVR thread could be of use. It seems to handle SFZ and Decent Sampler formats.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575352

If anyone is following this with curiosity, so far unsuccessful.

Using the recommended conversion app, i get many error messages reading the input file (dslibrary) and an output file of zero size.

I'm burnt. Not important enough for me to give so much time so I’m gonna let this rest for now...

OK... I always find it hard to give up... I just realized that the Filter is tied to the Mod wheel, hence the filter control problems. That opens some new possibilities to manage this problem. More to come...

Edited by Keni

Ahhh! Solved the filter problem. It turns out that a right click on the filter knob shows current bindings to MIDI control and a midi learn button. Simpley removing the CC1 control from the filter knob stopped the reset problem!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:30 PM, abacab said:

Hmmm... interesting. That brightness could be a quirk with that key in that particular Wurli that he sampled.

Anyway, I noticed that his higher velocity layers seem to dominate, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of leeway between soft and loud, compared with my other Wurly plugins. Ramps up fast! Perhaps not as many layers?

I think I saw an option somewhere that allows such setting. Either low/mid/high emphasis