Tracktion F.'em - $29 at AudioDeluxe

trager

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I didn't think too much of the presets, although there were a couple I liked, but creating patches from scratch was what made me end up buying it. Might be worth another quick look at that price.

I'm trying to save some money here man, leave me alone 😜

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nick Blanc said:

I'm trying to save some money here man, leave me alone 😜

Haha... you've come to the wrong place! I had no intention of buying it whatsoever either.. I'd even seen it before it had been posted on here and glossed over it.. but after a second pass and demo... this forum has cost me again 🤣

But I'm really looking forward to using this one now... ooops.. I mean, yes.. It's a terrible synth and would only suit dubstep, money saved.. phew! 😜

• Haha 1

Here is some more detail regarding my issue with Tracktion F'em

When I click any “Assign” button and then an element in the FM Matrix, F'em, as well as any host, ceases to respond to any mouse input.  The plugin still produces sound in response to MIDI keyboard input.  See Attachment

Here is what I have tried but has no effect:

In F'em settings, turned Multi Core on or off
In F'em settings, Turned Open GL on or off
Tried VST2 and VST3 iterations
Tried many hosts (TONE2, VSTHost, Cakewalk by Bandlab 2022.6 Build 34)

When this occurs, no new events appear in the Windows system or Application logs.  No new entries appear in the %APPDATA%\Tracktion\F-em.log file

I have lodged a detailed ticket wth Tracktion suport.

16 hours ago, kevin H said:

Fleer, I busted up laughing when playing though presets and ran into a Factory Modern Pack preset called “Edith” hahah Did you have anything to do with it?  hahhha

She said she went for cigarettes…

• Haha 2