Plugin Boutique Claim your FREE copy of the NUGEN Audio Focus Elements Bundle (Free with purchase)

MusicMan

34 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Pretty amazing freebie (with purchase) this time. Already got Monofilter and Stereoizer Elements, only missing Stereoplacer. 

First decent freebie with purchase in quite a while.. hopefully it's the start of many more! 😎

I got Monofilter the other day and it's a little basic, but I don't mind it. This a a great way to get the Elements versions in case you want to upgrade any down the track. 

7 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

First decent freebie with purchase in quite a while..

Again, not for me! That's the disadvantage if you already have too many plugins! 😄 (I got the Monofilter and Stereoizer Elements as freebies, too. And I purchased Stereoplacer3 as a deal).

Just now, marled said:

Again, not for me! That's the disadvantage if you already have too many plugins! 😄 (I got the Monofilter and Stereoizer Elements as freebies, too. And I purchased Stereoplacer3 as a deal).

I feel your pain on that one.. I've had to sit on the sidelines with a number heaps(!) of freebies because I already owned them 🤣

How are you liking them all? Would you rate them and are you considering upgrading any of them to their full versions?

5 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

How are you liking them all? Would you rate them and are you considering upgrading any of them to their full versions?

Honestly, I almost haven't used them, I have other alternatives. And I purchased Stereoplacer3 for a special task that I have not yet started (trying to separate cymbals in a drum track).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marled said:

Honestly, I almost haven't used them, I have other alternatives. And I purchased Stereoplacer3 for a special task that I have not yet started (trying to separate cymbals in a drum track).

Too many Plugins not enough time? 🤪 It can actually be like though! Sooner or later I'm sure we'll probably end up getting through them all.. as long as we stop getting new ones at some stage!

Sounds like an interesting use case with separating the cymbals. Hope it does the trick nicely 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I feel your pain on that one.. I've had to sit on the sidelines with a number heaps(!) of freebies because I already owned them 🤣

I have the full stereoizer and it is my favorite stereo enhancer for synths. Monofilter is very useful for phase alignment. I'm not sure if the elements version has that as well. There are other tools that will do the job though.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Stereo Placer Elements is my least favorite of the three and I don't really feel the need to upgrade it. Monofilter (full version) is pretty useful. Stereoizer (full version) is awesome and sounds really great.  My only knock on them is that I have to read the manual each time I use them because the UI is so unintuitive - at least for me.  Of the three though, Sterioizer is my favorite and my go-to. I've gotten away from "wideners", but Stereoizer gives a very nice dimension and depth that I haven't heard in other similar type plugins.

IIRC, licensing is machine based with an iLok option and you only get 1 seat.

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

I have the full stereoizer and it is my favorite stereo enhancer for synths. Monofilter is very useful for phase alignment. I'm not sure if the elements version has that as well. There are other tools that will do the job though.

Thanks Nick and they would be the two I'd be most interested in. Monofilter being the main one, but with stereo enhancers/wideners it doesn't hurt to have a couple of options and some can work better on different material. 

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Stereo Placer Elements is my least favorite of the three and I don't really feel the need to upgrade it. Monofilter (full version) is pretty useful. Stereoizer (full version) is awesome and sounds really great.  My only knock on them is that I have to read the manual each time I use them because the UI is so unintuitive - at least for me.  Of the three though, Sterioizer is my favorite and my go-to. I've gotten away from "wideners", but Stereoizer gives a very nice dimension and depth that I haven't heard in other similar type plugins.

Placer probably has it's place... no pun intended 🤣 But I'm not seeing much of a need for that one personally, although I can imagine it's pretty useful for certain types of work. That's a shame about the UI and I've seen plenty of devs make complex plugins intuitive, so I'm sure they could improve there too by the sounds.

I was mainly considering the Monofilter as the full version, but stereo widening tools can all be a bit different, so I'll give that one some thought too.

I didn't know that about the one seat.. considering their full price, that is very poor of Nugen if that's the case.

@MusicMan  IMHO, there are plenty of monoizing plugins and it's pretty straightforward, but Stereoizer is something special. I barely use the widening feature, like maybe 5-10%. It uses both frequencies and/or time to do its thing , and it just adds a 3D depth which I haven't found in other "widener" plugins. Demo it and see what you think.  It a good one!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mibby said:

Yes, and this is not the only bad point! I have Stereoplacer3 and it is authorized with an iLok dongle, but if I try to run the newest 3 subversion it does not work (says not authorized). I guess the company name says it all! 😆 That's why it's often better to rely on older software and companies! 😉

Not to forget that their plugins are quite over-prized IMO!

On 8/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, Brian Walton said:

What is the authorization method on these?

Main company website seems to suggest the brand uses ilok or a licensing system (but perhaps not both concurrently).  Any insight into what that looks like for these?

You can use either machine based (not iLok, which can be installed/activated on multiple computers) or iLok (one license).
It may be that you can use both but I have not tested that.

Note that you can't effectively use SaviHost to activate your Nugen plugins. With Nugen on SaviHost - windows'  copy / paste functions are broken so inputting  license codes is a major pain.

Edited by TheSteven
edited multiple times due to finger dyslexia
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:21 PM, mibby said:

@MusicMan  IMHO, there are plenty of monoizing plugins and it's pretty straightforward, but Stereoizer is something special. I barely use the widening feature, like maybe 5-10%. It uses both frequencies and/or time to do its thing , and it just adds a 3D depth which I haven't found in other "widener" plugins. Demo it and see what you think.  It a good one!

Thanks Mibby 🙂 I tried the Elements version of Stereoizer so far and for a feature limited one, it's not too bad, so I will consider the full version. I tend do just mono using a mid/side EQ or some of the PA plugins which include the mono controls. From a Youtube walkthrough video I stumbled across, their mono filter seemed to have some additional controls over it. Although I can't for the life of me think what they were now! I will give the Stereoizer some serious thought now too.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, Nick Blanc said:

I tried Stereoizer Elements on a synth and compared it to iZotope imager and a few other options and even Elements wasn't too bad, so I'm thinking I'm might get the full version if there's a good enough deal on it. There have been a few recently, so I'm sure there will be more 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I tried Stereoizer Elements on a synth and compared it to iZotope imager and a few other options and even Elements wasn't too bad, so I'm thinking I'm might get the full version if there's a good enough deal on it. There have been a few recently, so I'm sure there will be more 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1