InstaChord 2 Launch sale

Yan Filiatrault

W.A Production have released InstaChord 2 featuring an array of upgrades. It’s available at the intro price of $26.70, increasing to $89.00 after the promotion. There’s also an upgrade option from version 1, available for only $15.00.

We believe that creative expression should be simple, intuitive, and inspiring. When you’re making music, you need the right chords to set the tone and Instachord 2 delivers exactly what you called for… and fast!

Having been blown away with the reception to the original Instachord that W.A W.A Production couldn’t resist developing that concept into a fully-fledged chord creator and mini-sequencer. Simple enough to be used by anyone, but with the power to make professional music, this dynamic MIDI processing plugin is the chord creation and sequencer tool that will take your music to the next level.

Whether you’re a songwriter or producer, this ideas engine will help you speed up your workflow and creation process. Find the best progression and apply a single pattern to play all of them. Easily master some of the hardest chords, in any musical key and combination of notes and different voicings. Use this plugin to generate chord shapes, learn tricky harmonics and share your creations.

NEW Pattern Editor

After releasing Instachord, an oft-requested update was to gain more control over strums and chord playback. W.A Production took that note and ran with it, creating a brand new interface window, the Pattern Editor. Here you’ll create your own patterns and sequences, dragging notes around in the same way as your DAW. Produce soaring synth arpeggios, pounding piano chords, or delicate guitar riffs. You get full management over time signature, play mode, and velocity with creative editing controls for strum programming.

NEW AI Generation

Adapted from their popular Instacomposer plugin, this generative button will take the existing scale and spawn brand-new riffs based on complex algorithms and a touch of randomization. Always musical and inspirational, these new ideas can be tweaked in the same way as your own patterns so that they fit perfectly into your song.

NEW Hold Modes

Compared to the original Instachord, this new version has many more playback options for fretting and picking notes. 5 in total, covering different behavior for holding notes and toggling chords. Whatever the instrument you’re playing, there will be an authentic playback mode to suit.

NEW Custom Chords

Edit existing chords or create your own by selecting intervals between notes to make custom chords. Alternatively, play in notes with your MIDI keyboard to help Instachord 2 learn your favorite chord shapes.

With over 60 chord shapes to choose from, you can explore inversions, voicings, augmentations, and extensions like never before, making your music sound more interesting and compelling. Choose your own chords from the extensive selection, or hit the Generator button to ask Instachord 2 for fascinating inspiration. Set up to 24 different chords and switch between them using the chord keys. Transpose the current chords to any other key you desire with a couple of clicks.

There are ways to play chords and picks than ever before, now all fully customizable in the Pattern Editor. For example, a key can be assigned to strum the top 3 notes of the chord and another to play a riff on the other 3 notes. You can also play individual notes of the chord separately. So it’s possible to manually arpeggiate or strum chords.

Newly integrated into the main playback keys, action keys can be set to transpose by octave or semitone, providing an easy way to move chords away whilst playing live.

Instachord 2 is highly customizable and users can change many aspects to match their needs. Select your own UI size, type of playback, key configuration, and position. You can even lock the Chord and Action keys so that they don’t change whilst you experiment with more presets and settings.

Although Instachord 2 allows to program chords and riffs with simplicity, it’s even easier to use the preset system to take care of things. You’ll never be stuck for ideas with loads of carefully designed presets for both chord sequences and patterns. Suitable for keys, guitars, synths, and many other types of instruments, these presets make ideal jumping-off points for your next song.

InstaChord 2 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).

https://www.waproduction.com/plugins/view/instachord-2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I have InstaChord that I bought in a bundle sale from Plugin Boutique. But I can not get the upgrade price of $15. It is showing as Locked out. 

Looking at my WA account shows my only product from them is InstaComposer. Not all the other products I bought from third parties,

Have sent in a support message. Will see how they respond.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I have InstaChord that I bought in a bundle sale from Plugin Boutique. But I can not get the upgrade price of $15. It is showing as Locked out. 

Looking at my WA account shows my only product from them is InstaComposer. Not all the other products I bought from third parties,

Have sent in a support message. Will see how they respond.

The upgrade price should be available to you at Plugin Boutique, I guess? They have it also listed there:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/93-Music-Theory-Tools/9369-InstaChord-2-Upgrade-from-InstaChord?nosto=manufacturerpage-nosto-1

A bit convoluted, but it worked. I purchased InstaChord from Plugin Boutique, so I had to buy the IC2 upgrade from them and was immediately issued a serial number. Clicking on the PB download button bounced me to the W.A. Productions page for IC2. But...I had to register the serial number with them first before the download link appeared on the product page...which I had to go searching for after being on the product registration page. Sheesh. Anyway, downloaded. Installing now.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

InstaChord 2 installation follow-up

InstaChord 2 does not replace InstaChord 1 (different VST file names). It has its own Presets folder. If you purchased and installed any of the v1 preset packs (I have 3), you need to copy (if you're keeping v1 installed for existing projects) or move the preset folders to the v2 Presets folder. That folder, for me, is:

C:\Users\johna\AppData\Roaming\WAProduction\Instachord 2\Presets

Replace "johna" with your user name.

• Thanks 2

it may not be now on sale now but it is at least twice a year for sure, from different vendors, vstbuzz, PB or WAP,,..i got it at black friday for 19.99....WAP has deals frequently for all products with expansions for 20-29usd

Edited by dee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dee said:

may not be now on sale now but it is at least twice a year for sure, from different vendors,

Yes it is, and I thought about that before I made my purchase. But decided to go with it anyway.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes it is, and I thought about that before I made my purchase. But decided to go with it anyway.

Same ^
I didn't feel like waiting for an additional discount was worth waiting for.

Since my v1 was registered at WA I had no problems with purchasing the upgrade from WA or with authorizing it.
I just had to log on to web site to unlock the upgrade offer.

Edited by TheSteven

32 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I didn't feel like waiting for an additional discount was worth waiting for.

Exactly. 

After I got the discount price from PB, I was sent to WA website, got the d/l, registered and everything fine now. Except now I got to either copy/move files to another location. 

Or I can try you suggestion!!

Let you know how it turns out.

I copied my v1 presets
%APPDATA%\WAProduction\Instachord\Presets

to v2
%APPDATA%\WAProduction\Instachord 2\Presets

was rather quick & painless, and now those presets show up in v2.

I bought v1 but ended up never using it, intend on learning & using v2 so I'll need to set aside some time.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I bought v1 but ended up never using it, intend on learning & using v2 so I'll need to set aside some time.  

Me too!!

I did use your link above, but got it done before you posted the second link. I use Directory Opus and I have two panes open almost all the time. I just copied the first link into both windows, then went up a few levels and found InstaChord 1's presets and copied them over.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I use Directory Opus and I have two panes open almost all the time. I just copied the first link into both windows, then went up a few levels and found InstaChord 1's presets and copied them over.

Lol, great minds think alike.

I used BeyondCompare by Scooter Software to compare the folder & copy the files over.  :) 
Great tool, constantly using it for one thing or another.
Looks similar in a number of ways to Directory Opus.

Just glancing at the Director Opus' website

• Looks like Directory Opus is better with media data - images, MP3s, probably MP4s 
    Licensing is per system

• where Beyond Compare's focus is different, I like the way it handles data & code files. 
    You can compare folders & files based on a variety of methods - binary/hex/rules based comparison (great when comparing date from linex machines vs PCs) and filter options (full, only identical, only differences, only orphans, etc.) and even to limited degree directly edit & merge files.  D.O. can probably do the same or similar. 
    Licensing is per user.
Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

To anyone who has both, is Instachord superior to Scaler?

Not even close. If you're only going to buy one, go with Scaler.

I upgraded Instachord to v2, but I was actually thinking of Instacomposer, and thought I was upgrading it. I wasn't really paying very close attention. I never used Instachord after getting Scaler.

Instacomposer is worth having, but I'll have to play with Instachord v2 now that I have it to see if it offers anything I can use.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, abacab said:

To anyone who has both, is Instachord superior to Scaler?

Scaler is better overall, but I have discovered (after letting instachord sit for 2 years) that for guitar parts instachord works slightly better for love input on guitar parts because of the ability to have multiple strum patterns and speeds. They work well together

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1