Augmented Strings Upgrade 70% off

BTP

3 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

Purchased, but don't know if it was a smart decision.

Already had Intro.

Also previously got in on the V Collection 8 + SQ80 deal. Was hoping/waiting for a $99 upgrade to VC9.

And then I go and purchase this for $29.

Maybe VC9 for $69?!

Yoo stoopid penguin. 

Nah, you’re good. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

And then I go and purchase this for $29.

Maybe VC9 for $69?!

Already been confirmed that Augmented Strings upgrade doesn't count towards VC9. But it's definitely worth $29 right now! :)

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, Tim Smith said:

Thanks for the heads up on all of this. I hope I can get to it before the 18th as I will certainly buy it. I now have room for more libraries, but I am trying to be careful about what I download because if I don't use it, it's wasted space. 

I had to ask myself if this was something I would truly use. I had a lot of fun playing with the free version and was impressed with the sound design team at Arturia. For 29.00 it's worth the gamble to me. If I want "different" strings this would be my go to. Haven't looked much at pigments, but you guys have my interest in it up so I'm going to check it out. I still haven't bought SERUM which has been out for 10 years or more.  

For me it's an odd arrangement musically. I have a great interest in synths and synthesized music in general from a technical stand point. In actual use, I hardly use the stuff because my sound has traditionally been more acoustic. You can make my music with a few guitars, a bodhran drum , maybe a bouzouki and some underlying synth for interest. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had just kept it simple...but nooooooooo. I found the deals forum and it was like Christmas day. I LOVE pretty much all of it, even if I'll never use it.

That seems like a good idea.

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, Tim Smith said:

Thanks for the heads up on all of this. I hope I can get to it before the 18th as I will certainly buy it. I now have room for more libraries, but I am trying to be careful about what I download because if I don't use it, it's wasted space. 

I had to ask myself if this was something I would truly use. I had a lot of fun playing with the free version and was impressed with the sound design team at Arturia. For 29.00 it's worth the gamble to me. If I want "different" strings this would be my go to. Haven't looked much at pigments, but you guys have my interest in it up so I'm going to check it out. I still haven't bought SERUM which has been out for 10 years or more.  

For me it's an odd arrangement musically. I have a great interest in synths and synthesized music in general from a technical stand point. In actual use, I hardly use the stuff because my sound has traditionally been more acoustic. You can make my music with a few guitars, a bodhran drum , maybe a bouzouki and some underlying synth for interest. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had just kept it simple...but nooooooooo. I found the deals forum and it was like Christmas day. I LOVE pretty much all of it, even if I'll never use it.

Thanks for the insights! Excited about the potential purchase. I enjoyed the free version and agree, Arturia's sound design is impressive. The $29 deal is tempting for unique strings. Your mention of Pigments has me curious. Despite a technical interest in synths, I lean towards acoustic, especially with the bodhran—it adds a unique touch. Appreciate your experiences; it's reassuring to connect over the charm of instruments like the bodhran amid the virtual options.

9 hours ago, Bridget Murphy said:

Thanks for the insights! Excited about the potential purchase. I enjoyed the free version and agree, Arturia's sound design is impressive. The $29 deal is tempting for unique strings. Your mention of Pigments has me curious. Despite a technical interest in synths, I lean towards acoustic, especially with the bodhran—it adds a unique touch. Appreciate your experiences; it's reassuring to connect over the charm of instruments like the bodhran amid the virtual options.

I used pigments on a few electronic songs and it has worked well. Still trying to figure out how to get UNIFY to recognize all of my plugins so I can combine it wil other elements in that program.

But yeah, I like acoustic stuff. A lot. Here is a random pic I snapped just yesterday of some of my instruments. I keep them handy so I can just grab one if I need it. Not as fast as changing a synth patch, but more rewarding.

guitars.JPG

Edited by Tim Smith

16 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I used pigments on a few electronic songs and it has worked well. Still trying to figure out how to get UNIFY to recognize all of my plugins so I can combine it wil other elements in that program.

But yeah, I like acoustic stuff. A lot. Here is a random pic I snapped just yesterday of some of my instruments. I keep them handy so I can just grab one if I need it. Not as fast as changing a synth patch, but more rewarding.

guitars.JPG

Thank you for sharing your collection of instruments, by the way, is that a mandolin?