Augmented Strings Upgrade 70% off

BTP

5 hours ago, Szymon said:

I wondering how its can affect upgrade price to V colection 9 from V colection 8, :D

I don't have the previous collection, although I do have the FX Collection 3, Pigments and Lab. The only reason I'd consider this is if it gave a greater discount on the crossgrade to V Collection than what I'd pay for this 😁

Everyone is talking about how much they're interested in the deal, does anyone who has it installed want to give us their thoughts (I always prefer uncompensated reviews from people who buy the product to influencers)?

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Looks like Arturia leveraged the synthesis engine of Pigments with an extended sample engine. The GUI layout for the layers in the advanced section appears somewhat similar to that of Applied Acoustic Systems Chromaphone 3 layers.

2 hours ago, scook said:

I deleted the post, however; at the bottom of posts should be thumbnails of the uploaded images. There is a trashcan on the right side of the images to delete them.

It is also possible to manage images by opening up My Attachments in your account.

Thanks. I did that and they seemed to disappear, but then the post remained the same. Oh well. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Everyone is talking about how much they're interested in the deal, does anyone who has it installed want to give us their thoughts (I always prefer uncompensated reviews from people who buy the product to influencers)?

I haven't even installed the intro version yet, but I have read that it's very CPU heavy.

58 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

It only brings 301 presets, consumes a lot of CPU and in my opinion it is not even close to half in terms of sound quality of some good kontakt library.

I have the into version. I like it, but I'm not certain it's tempting me for more.

I love strings,  but I'm undecided on this. I do really like Arturia stuff overall and to me 310 presets sounds like a lot. I've have watched some videos,  but what I'd really like is hearing all or a lot of the presets. That would tell me if it's right for me. 

59 minutes ago, abacab said:

Not an influencer here, but this is what you get with the full version, access to the parameters in the layers A & B.

I do appreciate you sharing that @abacab. Admittedly,  I've only went through the presets and having gone deeper. I should.  As I mentioned,  I have been impressed with Arturia's other products, they really seem to maintain a high standard for what they release. 

All the v collection instruments don't have free updates , so if in next 2 years augmented string V2 get released they will charge another 29 for limited time to update and 50 to upgrade for existing users.

Pigments don't count as V collection instruments 

I only have the Augmented Strings Intro and Analog Lab Intro. So out of curiosity I logged into my account and both are available to me for upgrade. Aug Strings for 29.00 and Analog Lab for 69.00.

I don't use Ana Lab enough to justify but the Aug Strings seems tempting (comes out at £25 for me in the UK).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

You might be interested in getting an unregistered copy of the full version and running it in Demo Mode.  There's a bunch of presets plus you can play with the Layers as well as other parameters such as Modulation, FX, Macros and the Arpreggiator to get a feel for those.

There might be a down side in that it might lock out the $29 deal.  I do not understand how Arturia's marketing works.

Edited by User 905133
added some details about parameters accessible in Demo Mode

11 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

All the v collection instruments don't have free updates , so if in next 2 years augmented string V2 get released they will charge another 29 for limited time to update and 50 to upgrade for existing users.

Pigments don't count as V collection instruments 

Actually, Arturia is one of the most generous companies around with free updates.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1