Augmented Strings Upgrade 70% off

BTP

3 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I got a reply that it doesn’t lower the upgrade price to V Collection 9

That's about what I expected, but glad to see it confirmed. That counts me out, as I think at some stage I might crossgrade to the V Collection.

15 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm having a problem with NKS. 

I already had copies of the demos of Augmented Strings and Voices installed.  Both of them were available within the Arturia section in Komplete Kontrol.

I activated Augmented Strings and it worked fine in Standalone and DAW.

But it disappeared from Komplete Kontrol.  Augmented Voices is still there.  😕

I've made another customer service request. 

Usually working with Arturia is easy. 

try to rescan all the NKS library. Also make sure its in the correct path.

This is a little off topic, but I've never used Arturia synths much.  I enjoy messing around with them, but they never made their way into my finished music. The V Collection appeals to nostalgia for the old days in me.  As do so many products they sell to old fogies like me.

But Pigments!  It's quickly becoming my favorite synth after Omnisphere. I love the presets and I love how easy it is to program.  Pigments is all about the music of 2022.  I've been experimenting wiht EDM and it is very inspiring.   You can put a preset on, pull up a beat and away you go.

When the Augmented Strings (full) and Augmented Voices came along, I downloaded the demo.  And I've grown to love them too.  For the same reasons.  I just like the sounds better than the ones in similar two-section libraries, like the ones in Komplete.   And when you spend a few minutes looking under the hood at their engines, you see why they sound so big and lush. No doubt that's why they gobble up CPU.

These three products are my favorite Arturia synths/libraries now.  They have supplanted a lot of other stuff I was using.  And to be honest, I have a lot of learning to do.  I haven't really scratched the surface.

Obviously getting Augmented Strings for $29 was a no-brainer.  You can call it an upgrade, but $0 + $29 is $29 in my  book.  Maybe I should have waited to get the new V Collection for $99, but maybe I'll sit out 2022 on that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But Pigments!  It's quickly becoming my favorite synth after Omnisphere. I love the presets and I love how easy it is to program.  Pigments is all about the music of 2022.  I've been experimenting wiht EDM and it is very inspiring.   You can put a preset on, pull up a beat and away you go.

When the Augmented Strings (full) and Augmented Voices came along, I downloaded the demo.  And I've grown to love them too.  For the same reasons.  I just like the sounds better than the ones in similar two-section libraries, like the ones in Komplete.   And when you spend a few minutes looking under the hood at their engines, you see why they sound so big and lush. No doubt that's why they gobble up CPU.

Pigments! Great synth! I can see where Arturia borrowed a bit of that synth to augment some strings! :)

I was a bit wary of Augmented Strings initially, based on the main page, with no access to advanced mode. But once you go "advanced'" it's another world! That's where it easily blows away the Kontakt two-part libraries. I want to see what's happening behind those A/B parts, otherwise I open the instrument, fiddle around with the A/B morphing for a while, then toss it back, LOL!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

This is a little off topic, but I've never used Arturia synths much.  I enjoy messing around with them, but they never made their way into my finished music. The V Collection appeals to nostalgia for the old days in me.  As do so many products they sell to old fogies like me.

These three products are my favorite Arturia synths/libraries now.  They have supplanted a lot of other stuff I was using.  And to be honest, I have a lot of learning to do.  I haven't really scratched the surface.

Obviously getting Augmented Strings for $29 was a no-brainer.  You can call it an upgrade, but $0 + $29 is $29 in my  book.  Maybe I should have waited to get the new V Collection for $99, but maybe I'll sit out 2022 on that. 

I have had Pigments since it came out. I have yet to really use it. I tend to gravitate towards CS and Jup and Analog Lab which allows for a mish mash of different synths to get new sounds (sort of!).

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I have had Pigments since it came out. I have yet to really use it

Pigments is definitely worth exploring! Beyond the 1,350 factory presets, there is an impressive multi-engine synth under the hood.

It sounds great, and is big fun to explore! Very intuitive UI.

My two favorite non-vintage emulating, i.e., "modern" synths are Pigments and Phase Plant. With either synth, you will end up with an easy to grasp interface that is just pure fun and inspiring to play with! And with a vast synthesis powerhouse under the hood in either! :)

I also have NI Massive X. But what were the NI devs thinking? Yes, the sound quality is very good, but the UI is quite awkward, IMO...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on all of this. I hope I can get to it before the 18th as I will certainly buy it. I now have room for more libraries, but I am trying to be careful about what I download because if I don't use it, it's wasted space. 

I had to ask myself if this was something I would truly use. I had a lot of fun playing with the free version and was impressed with the sound design team at Arturia. For 29.00 it's worth the gamble to me. If I want "different" strings this would be my go to. Haven't looked much at pigments, but you guys have my interest in it up so I'm going to check it out. I still haven't bought SERUM which has been out for 10 years or more.  

For me it's an odd arrangement musically. I have a great interest in synths and synthesized music in general from a technical stand point. In actual use, I hardly use the stuff because my sound has traditionally been more acoustic. You can make my music with a few guitars, a bodhran drum , maybe a bouzouki and some underlying synth for interest. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had just kept it simple...but nooooooooo. I found the deals forum and it was like Christmas day. I LOVE pretty much all of it, even if I'll never use it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I had to ask myself if this was something I would truly use. I had a lot of fun playing with the free version and was impressed with the sound design team at Arturia. For 29.00 it's worth the gamble to me. If I want "different" strings this would be my go to.

Think of Augmented strings as a synth, rather than a string library. It can be a "string box" on steroids, once you open the advanced screen. Quite "synthy". :)

From the synth side, you can see that they leveraged the Pigments synth engine.  And if you get into Pigments, you will discover that it's a very deep and vast synth, with a very intuitive and fun GUI.

26 minutes ago, abacab said:

hink of Augmented strings as a synth, rather than a string library. It can be a "string box" on steroids, once you open the advanced screen. Quite "synthy". :)

I don't recall the footprint of AS, but I maybe falsely assumed it was like many other synths at the basic level. A set of samples, which in this case is mostly strings along with many ways to manipulate those samples and in some cases efx are added.. The library being the samples. The intro version is probably nothing too large.  Your reference to "string box" brings up memories of the cheese machine which is pretty good for a free 64 bit vst in Cheese Machine 2. It likely uses sfz or similar small sample sets. 

In the free version of AS, there were some very realistic string sounds IMO. AS seems to take it up a step or two. I'm thinking better samples by far than CM and more synth choices. Sounds a bit smoother and more refined to me.

36 minutes ago, abacab said:

From the synth side, you can see that they leveraged the Pigments synth engine. 

I think I seen a free version of this too? I didn't download it yet. 

24 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I think I seen a free version of this too? I didn't download it yet. 

There are no free versions of either Augmented Strings or Pigments that I'm aware of, other than the free Intro version Arturia released for a limited time.

The fully editable advanced mode of AS exposes a string sampler engine, plus a synth engine based on Pigments. The AS advanced GUI is arranged into two parts A & B, each with 2 layers, that can be selected as either sampler or synth engine, or both of the same. Mix & match them as you like.

Definitely worth $29.

The full Augmented Strings sample library is 2.5 GB installed here, so not bad by modern sample library standards! :)

• Like 1

Now I might just spring $49 for the Piano V upgrade, and skip V Collection 9 entirely! I'm basically happy with the CS-80 and Prophets in VC8, and not really interested in the SQ.

They are out of their minds if they think I will drop $300 just to upgrade from 8 to 9. 🙄

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

I got this and I plan to get the CS-80 upgrade when the price drops. This will keep me happy until VCollection 10, 11 or 12 (depending on the new synths on them).

The new CS-80 is pretty pretty good. Just listen to the guy from Toto playing Africa on it. 

• Like 1