PSP Oldtimer Vintage Compressor $19.99 and PSP OldtimerMB Multiband $49.99 at JRRShop

MusicMan

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Whoah... is that for PSP plugins only or all iLok licenses in general?

All of them:

“Machine activation reset can now be requested from within iLok License Manager in version 5.5 or higher (publisher approval required). PACE keeps you notified via email each time a company resets your license(s). Just go to a computer with iLok Manager on it, log in, and your dead system will show up with its location ID and all locally-stored licenses listed. In iLok Manager, on the dead device in the device list on the left hand side, right click and choose "Report as unusable". It asks you to write a note that the vendors see for the reason for the request, then basically it automates asking for an authorisation reset from the vendors, to save you have to contact them each independently. While it's in progress, you see "Reset requested" in the Activation Status column for each affected license.
From the instructions, if all the requests get granted by each vendor, then the whole defunct machine gets removed from the iLok manager as if it never existed, and you get the activations returned to your account.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

if all the requests get granted by each vendor

Definitely a step in the right direction by automating the process, but this one snippet still sits a little uneasily with that "if" wording. IMO ideally iLok as a platform should take responsibility for that as well, once an approved licence has been activated initially.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, antler said:

I don't understand: if it's possible to reset a license from another system, why was Erik having trouble with iLok

Still a few kinks in the system. Some of the resets worked from within iLok Manager, some I needed to contact the manufacturers directly. I had most things back within 24 hours, and everything else back within 48 hours. Part of the delay was that I wanted to see how well the reset process worked.

This was all on a secondary system, my laptop. I do machine registrations on it because I don't want to risk breaking an iLok dongle.

• Like 1

if you're not bothered about the very latest versions you can still download older versions of psp plugins that use the registry authentication/license from their archive

i did send them a snippy email when they switched to ilok and haven't bought any of their newer stuff since