Overloud GEMS Summer Sale!

cclarry

I've been watching these for years after getting the EQ550 as a freebie when it first came out and I picked up another at Audio Plug Deals or another reseller for like $19. Otherwise, I'm afraid they've priced themselves out of my interest.  Same with Breverb. I really like(d) the product, but have since moved on because of the pricing...

Edited by mibby
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I've been watching these for years after getting the EQ550 as a freebie when it first came out and I picked up another at Audio Plug Deals or another reseller for like $19. Otherwise, I'm afraid they've priced themselves out of my interest.  Same with Breverb. I really like(d) the product, but have since moved on because of the pricing...

If it helps, they do offer a 20% discount on GEMs if you already have another GEM; check your account for the code - probably generic, but I won't post it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, antler said:

If it helps, they do offer a 20% discount on GEMs if you already have another GEM; check your account for the code

Coupons code invalid on sales items...  

Code does work for additional discount - your just need to make sure the website doesn't log you out between changing pages...

Edited by TheSteven

8 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So there's only one Gem for $49, it's the EQ550...

The rest are $79 and up.... Kind of a bummer 

Except for Voice & TapeDesk I'm seeing most of the rest @ $69
The 20% discount takes that down to $55.20 

Voice & TapeDesk going for $89 (before 20% coupon)

Edited by TheSteven

10 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So there's only one Gem for $49, it's the EQ550...

The rest are $79 and up.... Kind of a bummer 

Yeah all these plugin companies don't mind hyping the maximum discount even when it only applies to barely one plugin.. 

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Except for Voice & TapeDesk I'm seeing most of the rest @ $69
The 20% discount takes that down to $55.20 

Voice & TapeDesk going for $89 (before 20% coupon)

Do you happen to own more of theirs, or what region are you browsing from, because I see most of their gems all as €79.00?

I am somewhat considering their Comp LA. I've been taking it for a test run and it's quite decent.

I've been trying to deWavesify / deWUPify my set up 🤣

I was able to replace the CLA-2A with the Black Rooster Audio VLA-2A which for my tastes was at least on par. Then BRA gave us the MKII version update free and I much prefer that to the CLA-2A in terms of functionality and sound.

But I still preferred the Waves CLA-3A than the BRA version of that and some of the others I tried.

So far the 3A in Comp LA seems on par with the Waves CLA-3A but it's much more versatile, including Mid/Side and gain controls as well as harmonics.

It could be a contender.

Not sure if it needs a reboot or something, but the gain reduction meters stop working when switching to mid/side. It's clearly being compressed and even increasing the gain on the input to 100 and peak reduction to 100, the GR meter doesn't move. Switch back to stereo and with no settings changed it's doing 15dB of gain reduction with the meters working correctly.. 

It did seem to work initially, so I'm now wondering if their software might be a little buggy or unstable.

Solved: In testing on a number of source tracks, I had copied it to a mono track and that breaks the metering... 

Edited by MusicMan

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I am somewhat considering their Comp LA. I've been taking it for a test run and it's quite decent.

I've been trying to deWavesify / deWUPify my set up 🤣

I was able to replace the CLA-2A with the Black Rooster Audio VLA-2A which for my tastes was at least on par. Then BRA gave us the MKII version update free and I much prefer that to the CLA-2A in terms of functionality and sound.

But I still preferred the Waves CLA-3A than the BRA version of that and some of the others I tried.

So far the 3A in Comp LA seems on par with the Waves CLA-3A but it's much more versatile, including Mid/Side and gain controls as well as harmonics.

It could be a contender.

I really understand this. I have Waves CLA-3A and for la2a I use Cakewalk LA2A and I'm with it.

There aren't many LA3A emulations out there and the Overloud one looks great to me too.

But it's too pricy so I'm not gonna buy it for now.

7 minutes ago, Quick Math said:

I really understand this. I have Waves CLA-3A and for la2a I use Cakewalk LA2A and I'm with it.

There aren't many LA3A emulations out there and the Overloud one looks great to me too.

But it's too pricy so I'm not gonna buy it for now.

I guess maybe they're just not as popular as the 2A, but you're right, there's not as many options unfortunately.

If it was 65% off that particular plugin then it would be an instant buy.

I'm still considering buying it even if it costs more, just to give the one finger salute to Waves and their crappy WUP antics 🖕🤣

5 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Do you happen to own more of theirs, or what region are you browsing from, because I see most of their gems all as €79.00?

Just change currency from Euros to Dollars...
image.png.6e353a93acdb9b71dc1920dfb8dd86c2.png

I'm in USA and for some reason their site always defaults to Euros. Odd that it's not even the equivalent value, maybe they're adding in VAT.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Just change currency from Euros to Dollars...
image.png.6e353a93acdb9b71dc1920dfb8dd86c2.png

I'm in USA and for some reason their site always defaults to Euros. Odd that it's not even the equivalent value, maybe they're adding in VAT.

Thanks 🙂 That's what threw me as I did a conversion from €79 to USD and the just don't add up!

Changing to USD does indeed show $69 even though according to xe.com €79 should be $82.39..  VAT might explain it I guess, but it's definitely unusual..