[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Are you certain that its related? There are no changes that could have affected bounce.
Have you rolled back and retested the same project?
If you can verify that its the new release please send a zip of the project file so we can investigate ASAP.

I ve sent you a mp :)

30 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

@Cédric Lawde, do you mind sharing what you were doing wrong?  You answer could help someone else down the road.

Sure

The issue appeared when I use selection. I’ve selecting arranger sections without events - so no tracks or clips were selected when I do the export.

I should either:
1. Use the time ruler to do the selection, or;
2. Enable "Select Events with Sections" and ensure the tracks/clips are showing as selected before you open the Export Audio dialog.

• Thanks 1

Not certain this is specific to the EA, but ...

Now receiving the extended Toast Update Notices. I allowed the update it suggested to all except the Demo Projects which I have no need for. How do I stop the Toast notice from recurring very launch?

• Great Idea 2

Which toast notice are you seeing on opening the app?

CbB does not suggest updates for add-on's like demo projects and help when doing automatic update checks (when opening the application). The optional updates are only shown when you manually do a check for updates.  The only exception to this is if you have ALREADY downloaded one of the optional components and your version is out of date. In this case the app will let you know that an update is available.

Preferences | Display | "Show update notifications" is what controls the notifications.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Which toast notice are you seeing on opening the app?

CbB does not suggest updates for add-on's like demo projects and help when doing automatic update checks (when opening the application). The optional updates are only shown when you manually do a check for updates.  The only exception to this is if you have ALREADY downloaded one of the optional components and your version is out of date. In this case the app will let you know that an update is available.

Preferences | Display | "Show update notifications" is what controls the notifications.

Not sure I understand the subtleties here. I had all of the items from back in the Sonar days. I did recently add the offline help? Might that have triggered it? I received a number of Toast messages. One for each of Drum Replacer, Studio Instruments, Demo Projects, and Offline help if I remember correctly. The numbers it displayed made it appear mine were indeed older than current so allowed each update except for Demo Projects which I doubt I ever downloaded to begin with. ...and there lies my issue. Now the Toast for the Demo Projects pops up every time I open CbB. I can close the Toast (click it's x) but it continues to re-open next launch. I don't want to disable notices, I just want the one I'm not interested in to go away?

If you previously had the demo projects installed it's telling you now that there is an update. I assume most people would want to know that something they installed earlier had an update. If you no longer want the demo projects just uninstall them or download the latest.

If you had never downloaded the demo projects it would not ask you unless you manually did a check for updates.

We have to limit to the number of options we can have for the app.

57 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

If you previously had the demo projects installed it's telling you now that there is an update. I assume most people would want to know that something they installed earlier had an update. If you no longer want the demo projects just uninstall them or download the latest.

If you had never downloaded the demo projects it would not ask you unless you manually did a check for updates.

We have to limit to the number of options we can have for the app.

I understand... So the only way for me to get rid of the Toast is to download and install the demo projects.... Then delete them and hope it doesn't re-appear.

My problem with the toast notifications is that, on project load, the synth loading and vst scan messages don't go away, once the project has finished loading, like it's some critical information that needs my input, when synths loading and the vst scan are absolutely normal, and don't require my input or my taking note - all that should happen anyway. i mean i like the messages being displayed while the project is loading, that way i know it is loading and not just sitting around, but once that's done there's no point for me okaying it every single time - just useless extra clicks.

on the other hand, when the project IS waiting for input - some message that needs OK-ing, it would be great if the taskbar window started flashing, so that you know it's waiting for a message from you - and that currently doesn't happen. so i'm waiting for it to load, it is waiting for me to OK something to load, and we're both wasting time, until i click on the window to see what's taking so long.

Edited by Olaf
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, Keni said:

I understand... So the only way for me to get rid of the Toast is to download and install the demo projects.... Then delete them and hope it doesn't re-appear.

Once you install the latest it should never prompt again. Those add-ones are very infrequently updated. It only checks if the version you have is lower. Alternatively uninstall what you don’t need. (those notifications will show up when you manually check for updates but not during the automatic check)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Olaf said:

My problem with the toast notifications is that, on project load, the synth loading and vst scan messages don't go away, once the project has finished loading, like it's some critical information that needs my input, when synths loading and the vst scan are absolutely normal, and don't require my input or my taking note - all that should happen anyway. i mean i like the messages being displayed while the project is loading, that way i know it is loading and not just sitting around, but once that's done there's no point for me okaying it every single time - just useless extra clicks.

on the other hand, when the project IS waiting for input - some message that needs OK-ing, it would be great if the taskbar window started flashing, so that you know it's waiting for a message from you - and that currently doesn't happen. so i'm waiting for it to load, it is waiting for me to OK something to load, and we're both wasting time, until i click on the window to see what's taking so long.

Hmm its not normal for the project loading messages to stay around, since those should automatically go away.
The scan on startup message also should also automatically fade away. There should be no reason to click to dismiss them. 
Can you post a video if you aren’t seeing this. Its the first time I’m hearing about that.

Ultimately a better solution to toast notifications would be a notifications panel, but that will take some work.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hmm its not normal for the project loading messages to stay around, since those should automatically go away.
The scan on startup message also should also automatically fade away. There should be no reason to click to dismiss them. 
Can you post a video if you aren’t seeing this. Its the first time I’m hearing about that.

Ultimately a better solution to toast notifications would be a notifications panel, but that will take some work.

I think the support team is doing a great job in maintaining and making meaningful improvements to Cakewalk a really good free DAW.

I'm also glad to see the demo projects updated. I think they're useful, particularly for beginners. I refer to them from time to time, particularly the Sophia Jane mix.

Thank you all!

Edited by Bill Phillips
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Once you install the latest it should never prompt again. Those add-ones are very infrequently updated. It only checks if the version you have is lower. Alternatively uninstall what you don’t need. (those notifications will show up when you manually check for updates but not during the automatic check)

Thanks Noel

I ran the new update as well as allowed the Demo Projects update (and deleted the projects afterward). All is well here. Everything up to date.

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Will do!

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I wasn't thinking about that much more work and new settings for it, just having them go away.

Edited by Olaf

When I opened Cakewalk 2022.06  build 22 early release two toast notifications displayed, one announcing new off-line Help documentation and the second announcing 2022.06 final release.

I clicked on the download button to start the documentation download.  When I clicked on the download button for the program update the program toast notification was replaced by a notification stating one download is in progress and the program download is not available.

The program notification disappeared.  There was no visible button to select the program download once the documentation download completed.

The release notes about the accessories (TTS-1, Studio Instrument Suite, etc.) led me to believe I could click multiple buttons and the downloads and installs would progress sequentially.  However, that assumption does not seem to be true.

I was able to download and install the final release by having the program check for updates.

It would be nice if download or install buttons didn't disappear if selected before the install process is ready for the button to be used.  This is related to the toast notification disappearing after a user selects the download folder button instead of the install button.

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

@Noel Borthwick

The video for the lingering synth load and VST scan toasts. Waves gets rescanned on pretty much every load, but I think that's just the way their shell works - although, rarely, it loads without the scan, so I couldn't say for sure.

Yes, it is the wave shell that is causing the re-scan every time.

I suspect the toasts not closing are a result of the project loading a synth that is also being scanned at the same time.

There are few ways around this ( in order of preference ):

1. Switch to manual scan - unless you're constantly installing new VST's, there's really no reason to have scan on start-up or automatic background scan enabled; or
  2. Wait until the scan is finished before loading the project; or
  3. Turn off scan in sandbox ( I wouldn't really recommend this one though ).

8 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

would be nice if download or install buttons didn't disappear if selected before the install process is ready for the button to be used. 

This was fixed for the final update so it only happens on the EA. You can click on multiple items and they are queued and downloaded sequentially now.

• Thanks 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]
  • Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic