PSP Hertz Rider - now even LOWER price!

cclarry

The last months are depressing! The only good deals IMO are always for plugins that I already own! 😢 There were minimum 6 great deals like the one above, sometimes even for less than I had paid. This is good for my purse, but not for my soul! 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I've seen this one go on sale quite a few times and didn't quite see much of a need.. turns out I've been sleeping on it!

This thing can be used to tweak the sound and fatten like they say, but you can actually get crazy creative with it and abuse it. For $12.46 and the fun I've had in one session and the track I've sketched out while messing with it as a result, it's a total no brainer 🙂

PSP once again, did not disappoint!

This was also a handy video covering some more of the LFO and automation etc possibilities:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I've seen this one go on sale quite a few times and didn't quite see much of a need.. turns out I've been sleeping on it!

This thing can be used to tweak the sound and fatten like they say, but you can actually get crazy creative with it and abuse it. For $12.46 and the fun I've had in one session and the track I've sketched out while messing with it as a result, it's a total no brainer 🙂

PSP once again, did not disappoint!

This was also a handy video covering some more of the LFO and automation etc possibilities:

Dang. Cameron. Dang. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Fleer said:

Dang. Cameron. Dang. 

He does some pretty great reviews and tutorials and it wouldn't be the first time I've picked up some insights from his videos that helped me pull the trigger on a purchase 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 11:05 PM, Fleer said:

Then again, got Echobode from SonicCharge (and ValhallaDSP’s FreqEcho freebie). 

FreqEcho is a great plugin, especially for free, but it's not really that close at all to Hertzrider. It does allow you to shift, but there's no LFO, envelope and you can't manipulate the left and right channels, unless you used two instances with some additional routing.

I wasn't familiar with Echobode, but that looks nice too. From a quick look, that would get you closer, but same with FreqEcho, it doesn't appear to allow you to manipulate the left and right channels separately.

That's where Hertzrider shines. You can use it as a basic frequency shifter, add modulation with LFO etc, or use it like a swiss army knife to manipulate the frequencies differently on both left and right channels for greater depth, or creative stereo field movement and manipulation. So it can be used as a tool, or creatively as well. Interesting plugin. 🙂

• Like 1