Voxengo's Peakbuster 1.4 update released

TheSteven

Looks like there is no intro price discount - $59.95 is MSRP.
I expect 3rd party resellers to soon be offering better price.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
March 19, 2022: Voxengo is happy to release Peakbuster version 1.4, an attack-phase boosting and harmonic enhancement plugin for professional music and sound production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers.

Version 1.4 features a redesigned user interface.

The amount of effect can be chosen independently for the lower and higher frequency ranges: this permits use of Peakbuster on a variety of program material, both full mixes and individual tracks.

Additionally, due to the nature of the algorithm’s design, Peakbuster applies a unique harmonic coloration or enhancement: so, even if the gain adjustment meter shows only a minimal transient boosting amount at a given time, the plug-in still transforms the sound being processed in a way that to some engineers may sound “on a completely another level”; we at Voxengo would call it “beyond tube warmness”.

Peakbuster features:

•       Automatic transient boosting
  •       Selectable processing band count
  •       Stereo processing
  •       Up to 8x oversampling
  •       64-bit floating point processing
  •       Preset manager
  •       Undo/redo history
  •       A/B comparisons
  •       Contextual hint messages
  •       All sample rates support
  •       Zero processing latency

Demo version of Peakbuster can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/peakbuster/?eref=ml 

Edited by TheSteven

no politics on this forum of course....but worth doing some background checking on the views of the developer.  There was a very revealing, now deleted, thread over at gearspace where some very 'interesting' views were expressed.

then you might question on the motivation to release an "ATTACK-PHASE BOOSTING" plugin at this moment in time.

just sayin' 🕊️

1 hour ago, simon said:

no politics on this forum of course....but worth doing some background checking on the views of the developer.  There was a very revealing, now deleted, thread over at gearspace where some very 'interesting' views were expressed.

then you might question on the motivation to release an "ATTACK-PHASE BOOSTING" plugin at this moment in time.

just sayin' 🕊️

Yeah I saw that thread, worrying stuff

2 hours ago, simon said:

just sayin' 🕊️

I've generally considered them to have reasonable products, although I'm not sure if I've bought any as of yet.

Without getting into the politics side, is it possible to get a summary of what these "interesting" views/comments were seeing how they're now deleted?

I can somewhat guess, but I'd like to not assume.

If not PM is fine too 🙂

1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

I've generally considered them to have reasonable products, although I'm not sure if I've bought any as of yet.

Without getting into the politics side, is it possible to get a summary of what these "interesting" views/comments were seeing how they're now deleted?

I can somewhat guess, but I'd like to not assume.

If not PM is fine too 🙂

I think we'd be venturing too far into politics  to comment further on what was said, suffice to say, if you'd like an attack-phase boost then I'm sure investing in this product is perfect.

FWIW I've been using his products for around 20 years. Never any problems & always friendly.

@simon

"then you might question on the motivation to release an "ATTACK-PHASE BOOSTING" plugin at this moment in time.

just sayin' 🕊️"

BTW this isn't a new product, just an updated version, don't read so much into it..(also why there's no intro price)

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

17 hours ago, TheSteven said:

March 19, 2022: Voxengo is happy to release Peakbuster version 1.4

My bad, missed that this was an update not a new release 😳

Changed thread title to reflect actual nature of release.

Edited by TheSteven

• TheSteven changed the title to Voxengo's Peakbuster 1.4 update released